Fat dominant on one side of abdomen

Options
Hi all,

It has been a while since I have been here but I was wondering if there's anyone out there who has the same problem that I do. I see that the left side of my abdomen sticks out and it is significantly "chunkier" than the right side. When clothed, you can notice it only if you are looking for it but when I am naked, it is a whole different story. I can literally grab the sides of my abdomen( to the left and right of belly button) and see the difference, one hand has more mass than the other. It is quite frustrating but I am not sure how can I get rid of it? I would like to understand what causes it as well...I have PCOS and I am not on any medication for that (not even contraceptives), so if it is hormonal balance I know I have it but how can I mitigate this? Also, if it helps, I noticed that if I put on weight, the discrepancy increases.

By the way, I am 27 5'4" and 120 lbs (trying to shed 5 lbs after returning from holidays!)

Any inputs would be appreciated!

Replies

• nuke0409
    nuke0409 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump for replies!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't have the problem with my abdomen, but on my sides. One side is much smaller than the other, I know eventually it will even out, but looks pretty silly right now. Don't know what could be causing your issue, just the way our bodies work.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Odd question, but do you by chance sleep on your left side most of the time?

Edit: or maybe it is a tumor
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Most people have more fat on one side of the body than another. For some it's just more noticeable.

Just lose the fat and it'll even out.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    It might be because one side is stronger too. I know for me, my right abs flex a lot more throughout the day than my left side especially when I'm walking (is that weird?). It's starting to even out now that I'm doing weights. Maybe give that a try? I increase the weights for more resistance on my left side but once both sides are equal, I'll use the same weights for both sides so I don't become lopsided :D