A Letter to Healthy Me

Options
Dear Katie,

How does it feel? How does it feel to finally be in the body you’ve always wanted? I hope it feels as wonderful as I expect it will.
I am so proud of you.

You worked hard and you accomplished something huge. Congratulations. It hasn’t been an easy journey, that I know. And you accomplished the hardest part, the part that intimidates me the most. I still have that final stretch, that last thirty-five pounds to go, but you’ve made it. That’s amazing.

I have three things I want you to remember.

One: Remember the thin girls you knew in high school? The ones that were so mean to you. Never become like that even though you’re looking smokin’ hot. Never judge someone based on their size. Never needlessly tear another person down. Be a friend to everyone and never be mean to others.

Two: Never be mean to yourself. I have a hard time with this one, and I’m sure that having a fit body isn’t going to magically fix the bully in your head. I’m sure she didn’t magically mute when you hit your goal. The thing is, you’re beautiful no matter what, and you shouldn’t let the bully dictate how you feel about yourself. Be kind to your body that you worked so hard for. Stay active. Eat well. Be healthy.

Three: If you can do this, you can do absolutely anything you want to do. If you want to have a novel on a bookshelf in Barnes and Noble, you can do it. If you want to be an amazing guitarist, you can do it. And ultimately, if you want to be happy, you CAN do it. If you ever feel like you’re not good enough, just remember your accomplishment. Nothing comes for free. Remember that. If you want something, you can do it. Work for it. Do it. Be happy.

Way to go, Katie. You did it. Wish me luck. I can’t wait to be you!

Love,
Katie

I was feeling a little scared about the future, so I wrote this down. I've lost 40 pounds and have 35 to go and it feels crazy that I'm over halfway to my goal. This was therapeutic. I'd love to read your letters to your future self if you'd like to share yours!

Replies

• jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You know that is a great idea. To keep sight of who you are and what to focus on.

It is great you are more than half way there. Now you just need time. It's obvious That you will get there. Just will take a little longer so it's good you have started to think about it and how you will feel.

When I started all I wanted was to lose 10lbs and then after the 2nd week I said 15lbs. Then I just kept going. And I am much further than I thought. Still would like 8 more lbs. but regardless. I am happy.

The best part is that I feel in control of things now. Not just food but work - relationships. You name it.

I do hope you get all you want and that it feels as good as you think it will. It is great what you have accomplished I wish you the best.
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this. What a good idea : ) I'm going to work on crafting a letter to future, healthier me -- I have a feeling it'll be a great motivator.
  • Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun writing it. I would still love to read your letter, GrindingSalt!