Organic? Going grocery shopping for what food?

Options
I love salads but I also use ranch on them because thats the only dressing i really like other than salsa which i dont like as much. I currently went almost completely organic with our fruits and veggies however i dont really know the difference health wise between organic and nonorganic other than the price? I also was wondering some good ideas of things i can buy/cook to fill us up throughout the day. I made old fashioned oatmeal today which was pretty good but i wished i could have used more sugar lol. I need some healthy meal ideas as well as some things that might be healthier than other common things? I got organic penute butter also

Replies

• Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    When I go shopping for produce, I only buy fruits and veggies that I will be consuming the skin of or those that are considered the "Dirty Dozen" (fruits and vegetables that most commonly contain the most pesticides).

This website has a pretty good list of the Dirty Dozen and the Clean Fifteen: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-9160/12-fruits-veggies-with-the-most-pesticides-2013-dirty-dozen.html
  • hlopez_
    hlopez_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Organic is food that hasn't been genetically modified or grown with conventional pesticides and herbicides. They are also higher in vitmain and mineral values. Going organic is a much better value, yes it's more expensive but it's worth it.