What is your Mantra?

Options
Are there any quotes or mantras you repeat to keep you inspired? What ones work best for you?

Replies

• ThinEdielynne
    Options
    No one? I like "life is flow" and the classic, "moment on the lips, forever on the hips."
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was internally yelling at myself last night "you are NOT ALLOWED to quit" on the treadmill. I suppose I should tell myself that more often.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    50-20-30 … meaning roughly 50% of calories from carbs, 20% from protein and 30% from fats.

The carbs can be anything I want to eat as long as the total carbs for the meal are not over 60%
    The protein needs to be lean and not deep fried except on rare occasions
    The fats need to be healthy, such as from olive oil, nut, avocados, coconut

It's amazing how quickly the numbers run high in one or another and I need to adjust the menu so it works. But doing that is helping me move my weight in the direction I want it to go where just calorie monitoring didn't do it for me.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    For each pound lost I have one less excuse for failing.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    50-20-30 … meaning roughly 50% of calories from carbs, 20% from protein and 30% from fats.

Change your mantra to something related to the new goal you have … How to lose 10-15 quickly so my surgery will be safe.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Honest effort produces phenomenal results...
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    "Keep swimming. Keep swimming." with variations for walking, lifting and moving.