what gets you motivated ?

Options
over the past year and a half or so, i have severely lost my motivation to work out, and i slowly have gained back 20ish pounds or so...i feel like im starting again at the beginning with getting into workouts..besides the obvious end result, what do yall do to motivate yourself to working out ?? i need to stop using school as my excuse not to

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Put a pound ( it could be less) in a jar if I keep to my calories and work out each day. Then I buy a treat when I have enough. For me, it's a charm for my bracelet.
  • ES110791
    ES110791 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Once I learnt to enjoy exercise as more than just a chore for calorie burning, I realised I didn't need 'motivation' to workout. I genuinely wanted to. When I go on a long run for I have a good workout at the gym I feel good and I feel a sense of achievement about what my body is capable of. It makes the endorphins 10x more enjoyable.
  • GunningGooner
    Options
    I'm also in school. I try to not look at working out as a chore. If you do, then that's sure way of losing your motivation to do it. For me, working out is a stress reliever. Not only do I mentally feel better after a workout, but I'll also be able to focus on my school work knowing that I've already done my workout for the day, not to mention how healthy it is for you and how your body benefits from it! It's what keeps the blood in me flowing so I can stay on my toes, physically and mentally.