Calories you work-off?

Options
My goal of calories to intake is 1500 a day.today i did 30min of areboics-low impact. i type that in my workout diary and it said i lost 232 cal.
Basically what i'm tyring to say is that i didnot eat that calorie back because i dont know if its accurate.i only ate 1200 cal.i was wondering will that affect anything.
ALSO
sacking.
i dont really have much in my frigde because we're moving so i didnt really had anything beside oreo to snack on which i did but i only ate 3cookies.which didnt help me to reach my goal of 1200 at least. what i'm trying to say isthat i wasn't hungry and i didnot snack on a extra 3 because i know it is not healthy so i just drank water. and pass the cookies.

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    The calories burned is pretty much accurate... so you can eat those calories. Just do not go under 1200 per day, because your body needs at least that just to operate. Any less than 1200 and your body goes into starvation mode and you start packing on the pounds.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree. Eat your exercise calories. These calories are the fuel that allows you to work out. I realize you are in the middle of moving now, and so it's hard to have healthy stuff around. But if you think about the food as fuel, you'll realize that even when snacking, you want to eat healthy food. That's what fuels your body.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My caloric goal is 1200 a day... if I am not hungry one day and only get in 1000 calories- I add the other 200 to my next day's calories, so I will eat 1400 that day. I still have the same caloric deficit for the week but my metabolism doesn't suffer and I keep burning.

Try getting some filling snacks like string cheese, etc... you'll be hungry again in an hour after eating oreos... they are a waste of calories that you could be "spending" on healthier, nutritionally dense real food. Go to the store chicky... no excuses! Once you make the change to eating real food (i.e not boxed and preserved stuff in the inner aisles of the store) you will find yourself being able to eat a lot, all day long, staying on plan and dropping real fat. I sometimes eat my exercise calories depending on how hard I worked out (will usually eat some lean protein), but more often than not, I am too stuffed from the good foods I was able to eat all day from my allotted calories. Also- you could have a caloric deficit but not lose b/c your sodium intake may be too high (i.e retaining water)- that's a problem with frozen "diet" meals and cookies, chips, etc... baically all processed foods... how else does "food" stay consumable for years on a shelf? Kinda gross when you think about it. :)
  • bellanean
    Options
    THe calories burnt is usually not accurate, the best thing to do is to get a HRM so you know what your burning off so you dont over eat. Personally I dont eat my workout calories, sometimes ill dip into them but I cant lose weight that way, but you are allowed to eat them according to MFP.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The calories burned is pretty much accurate... so you can eat those calories. Just do not go under 1200 per day, because your body needs at least that just to operate. Any less than 1200 and your body goes into starvation mode and you start packing on the pounds.

The calories burned on MFP is a guideline and vary drastically, I would never ever eat back the amount of cals you think you burned according to this site, they can be off big time. I use a HRM, according to that 1 hour of step I burned 652 calories, according to MFP it wouldhave given me 422 calories, huge difference, and it can go either way. You don't want to eat back calories you didn't earn, that will surely slow your weight loss, if you're unsure of what you actually burned, play it safe and eat only half back. .. as far as the cookies go, yo ualready know that was a bad choice! You'll have to start keeping snacks that are healthy in your purse, car wherever you need to, so that you don't turn to the readily available junk food.