breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• EmmaB332
    EmmaB332 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    But... you Americans always post up great sounding recipes with this 'applesauce' in them, and I can't find it in the UK. :frown:

I seriously doubt the poster of this recipe is American. Interesting that applesauce isn't widely available in the UK, I didn't know that. If you're going to venture into applesauce making as a previous commenter suggested, make a baked apple while you're at it because those are delicious and your house will smell amazing!
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm an American not currently living in America and I have a tough time finding applesauce too.

What I do now is just grate some apple and cook it in the microwave for a few minutes. :drinker: I don't add sugar to the applesauce, just to the final recipe.

Edit: I am lazy and so I grate my apples using a food processor. If you are not lazy or do not have a food processor or just regular plane grater you can core, peel, cut into chunks (or not) and cook until soft and mushy.
  • PudgyFellow123
    PudgyFellow123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks guys the pills I take have been checked by doctor and dietican and have the all clear, just wanted some idea really as I work mad last min shifts is had to fit in healthy snacks gets abit boring having the same thing. I do eat carbs just try to spread them through the day eating little and often as I cant take a big carby meal with my stomach x

damn!! Roxylean has 500mg of caffeine!!! That's some serious caffeine hit. You're not meant to consume more than 600mg a day, so I wouldn't be taking anymore coffees after scoffing down that pill. Seriously, though.. why not just drink coffee?
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    But... you Americans always post up great sounding recipes with this 'applesauce' in them, and I can't find it in the UK. :frown:

Apple sauce is actually pretty widely available, it's the stuff you have with roast pork: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255843343

But yeah the stuff you make at home (good way of using masses of fallen apples) is better!

This. I occasionally bake vegan goods and applesauce is almost a pre-requisite for a loooooooooad of the recipes I use, and so I always have a mammoth jar in my cupboard.

I have literally never been in a supermarket that didn't have jars of apple sauce over by the condiments (by the horseradish or mint sauce etc), and I'm talking Tesco, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Asda, Morrison's, hell even Booths and Co-Op.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options

I seriously doubt the poster of this recipe is American. Interesting that applesauce isn't widely available in the UK, I didn't know that. If you're going to venture into applesauce making as a previous commenter suggested, make a baked apple while you're at it because those are delicious and your house will smell amazing!

I am Australian but after researching healthier biscuits and cakes I noticed a lot of recipes substitute the sugar for apple sauce so I started to do that. I figured it had to be healthier. I also like to substitute the butter out of most recipes with peanut butter or reduce the butter with the addition of some yoghurt.

I can get apple sauce down the road at our big supermarkets without a problem but if I don't have any in the cupboard I simply get a tin of pie apples and blend some of it up. Real easy - cheap too.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I doubt anything I eat for breakfast is low carb but here I go.

Protein pancakes with melted peanut butter on top
    (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/991227-ultimate-protein-pancakes-omg)

Oatmeal with dark chocolate chips mixed in and some trutein peanut butter cup protein powder, maybe a banana when I have them

Greek yogurt, dark chocolate high protein granola, random fruit mixed in
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Apple sauce is actually pretty widely available, it's the stuff you have with roast pork: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255843343

But yeah the stuff you make at home (good way of using masses of fallen apples) is better!

I have honestly never seen a jar of that. :laugh:

Even the staff in my local Tescos had never seen it when I asked. It's only a medium sized Tescos, so perhaps I need to go to the big stores!
  • Weighting4results
    Options
    Well here in the States we have Apple sauce trucks who drive around giving the kiddies little samples of the wholesome goodness of smashed apples. It seems like the Brits should adopt this.