Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Another plus for Greek yogurt - if you are lactose intolerant you can eat it without any gastric distress. Some yogurts bother my stomach but not Greek yogurt.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I buy the plain and now even my kids (20's) eat it in place of sour cream.

First time I tasted it I was thinking "this isn't yogurt, it's sour cream." Definitely an acquired taste but I'm hooked on it now.

I usually mix in some blueberries, blackberries, walnuts and sometimes suger free apple sauce to doctor it up a bit.
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my favorite! I use it in so many different ways. It's protein packed and much more filling than regula yogurt. It is higher in calories than yoplait or dannon and costs a little more, but it is worth it for more nutritious product that doesn't leave me hungry after. As a lap band patient, my protein intake is very important, so adding a couple servings of yogurt a day, I can get almost half my daily protein and it tastes great too

Some of my favorites:
    Plain or honey + berries and a Graham cracker
    Strained plain + herbs for dip
    In place of mayo and sour cream- makes great tuna, chicken, egg, and pasta salad
    Love the Fage 2% to start the day off w a little fat and protein
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I usually get the no fat greek yogurt because some of the others have way too many calories. My downfall is I love honey with it. While honey is better then sugar, it's higher in calories so I really have to watch it.

I was turned on to Greek yogurt IN Greece ... what a way to discover a new love.

I have a bunch of Yoplait in my fridge right now, it's been a while since I had regular yogurt so ... we'll see how that goes LOL.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    Someone on here said that normal yogurt is a quote "watery mess" lol i couldnt have said it better myself! once you try lovely, think luxurious greek yogurt you will never go back to the fake sugary flavoring of regular yogurt.

I normally eat mine with fruit or sometimes on its own but i'm going to try it in a tuna pasta salad soon i think, i've seen lots of people say its good for that on here. and i'm also going to pop some into my ice cream maker at some stage and see how that works out!

I cant wait until lunch i,m having having my greek yogurt with chopped up juicy cherries for desert yum :)