question about the omelletes

Options
on the food seach, it's measured in "1 cup" and that's about it, thing is i don't really measure how much egg yolk, or the ingredients is this a fair measurement for an omellete? there was an option for a 3 egg ham and cheese omelette with an option for how many eggs is in it but its not there anymore. its not far off right?

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    on the food seach, it's measured in "1 cup" and that's about it, thing is i don't really measure how much egg yolk, or the ingredients is this a fair measurement for an omellete? there was an option for a 3 egg ham and cheese omelette with an option for how many eggs is in it but its not there anymore. its not far off right?

You have to remember that the options are added by whomever, and you don't know how accurate they were. If you want to be accurate, do the entire recipe ingredient by ingredient, then add them up and add your own food to the database so you can add it again as one recipe.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options

You have to remember that the options are added by whomever, and you don't know how accurate they were. If you want to be accurate, do the entire recipe ingredient by ingredient, then add them up and add your own food to the database so you can add it again as one recipe.

+1
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with them. Add it to the data base. I have to do that many times when the serving is only in cup form. I measure everything by gram or oz, so I re-add it as grams.
  • baby_grl_martinez
    baby_grl_martinez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with what @mccindy72 said. You have to measure your own ingredients and add them up in your own food log. Some one could put way more of an ingredient than you do, or way less. They may add things that you don't or vice versa. You could be shorting your cal count using something from some one else and that could lead to lack of progress, frustration, etc.
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree with what @mccindy72 said. You have to measure your own ingredients and add them up in your own food log. Some one could put way more of an ingredient than you do, or way less. They may add things that you don't or vice versa. You could be shorting your cal count using something from some one else and that could lead to lack of progress, frustration, etc.
    ok ive never added my own i guess ill try it...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!