My ad is better than yours!

Options
kr1stadee
kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
We've all had those questionable ads come up on your home page. Some have even blamed them for sabotage..

This one takes the cake! ahah
(sorry for the crummy quality, I don't have a fancy-dancy smart phone)

2nm3lzp.jpg

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    We've all had those questionable ads come up on your home page. Some have even blamed them for sabotage..

2nm3lzp.jpg

This is terrible copy. Major fail!
  • kr1stadee
    Options

2nm3lzp.jpg

This is terrible copy. Major fail!

Terrible copy? I took a photo of my screen with my crap-tactular cell phone. It's as good as it gets dude.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Can I really get two free arms? Even if they're skinny, I could use a couple extras sometimes.
  • kr1stadee
    Options
    Can I really get two free arms? Even if they're skinny, I could use a couple extras sometimes.

Everyone needs to have an extra set of skinny arms lying around, just in case! haha
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Terrible copy? I took a photo of my screen with my crap-tactular cell phone. It's as good as it gets dude.

Copy is an advertising industry term for the written words in the ad. The way the ad is written, the call to action is to get two amazing arms for free. It's unclear wording.

I wasn't being critical of your photo quality.
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    By "terrible copy" I believe he meant that the copy writing in the ad was terrible. Not that it was A terrible copy. Ease up folks.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The first ad I saw about that product was a banner ad that read "Amazing Arms, buy one, get 2 free!". My first thought was Whut??

I certainly COULD use a couple of extra arms some days. My dog would appreciate it as well, because I could type on my laptop, skip thru commercials on the TV and wouldn't have to stop petting her. She hates that and gives me the pouty face when I take my hand off of her back.

I finally saw a TV ad about Amazing Arms and realized it was basically a Spanx sleeve for your arms. No more Bingo wings!
    I could actually use that as well, since I can't get extra actual arms. :sad:
  • kr1stadee
    Options

Copy is an advertising industry term for the written words in the ad. The way the ad is written, the call to action is to get two amazing arms for free. It's unclear wording.

I wasn't being critical of your photo quality.

Gotcha - obviously I have zero knowledge of the advertising industry.
    Thanks for the explanation!
  • kr1stadee
    Options
    The first ad I saw about that product was a banner ad that read "Amazing Arms, buy one, get 2 free!". My first thought was Whut??

I certainly COULD use a couple of extra arms some days. My dog would appreciate it as well, because I could type on my laptop, skip thru commercials on the TV and wouldn't have to stop petting her. She hates that and gives me the pouty face when I take my hand off of her back.

I finally saw a TV ad about Amazing Arms and realized it was basically a Spanx sleeve for your arms. No more Bingo wings!
    I could actually use that as well, since I can't get extra actual arms. :sad:

LOL now, if you hadn't explained, I would have thought they were still giving away arms.. haha I haven't heard of these things, but they'd be hella-uncomfortable!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have AdBlock Plus on Google Chrome....

My adds are better than any of yours, because I don't have any! Muhahahaha :laugh: