been a member for awhile

Options
Hey,

I'm a 43 yo male living in Los Angeles, CA. I am 6'3" and ~212lbs and would like to be about 185-190. I have lost about 10lbs towards my goal in the past month and will try to get to 190 within 8 to 12 weeks if not sooner.

I have some health "challenges" that basically preclude me from doing exercise so, obviously, this will be all calorie restriction. A couple of times in my life, I have gotten up to 220-225lbs and had a f* this moment and lost significant amounts of weight (like 60lbs in 6 months). Don't need to be as extreme this time. I have the advantage / disadvantage of having a a father who is a gastroenterologist so am familiar at a high-level with the risks / myths of a low-calorie diet (like 600 calories / day) and feel comfortable with it. In general, I try to do 3 to 3.5 days ON and then take a day off where I eat normally which seems to be most effective both psychologically and physically by keeping your metabolism running somewhat normally.

Other tricks - always waking up early and going to bed early, drinking coffee, and chewing gum when hunger pains. I'm going to try using Raw Meal as a meal replacement once a day.

Oh well, I hope things are smooth this time.