apple shape and abs

chriscuts
chriscuts Posts: 58
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
after having a car accident a few years ago, it left me with whiplash, so I have always found crunches hard on my neck! Dusted off the wii a few days ago, and started with re-newed vigor the *wii shape*. focused on abs on the last 2 work outs and I must say my abs feel really tight.

Lie on your back , head and shoulders flat, arms by your side, and lift your 2 legs up to the ceiling at the same time... then lower, without actually touching the floor, then back up to the ceiling. I did this 12 reps, 3 times, and I must say I could feel the burn!! No strain on my neck and abs feel tight.

This has motivated me to get the layer of fat off thats hiding my abs!! :happy:

Replies

• Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    That sounds like a reverse crunch, Jillian Michaels has them in level 1 of 30 Day Shred (her workout dvd), and I love love love them! A variation my Body Pump instructor taught me was to do them in stages: Instead of starting with your legs at a 90 degree angle,bring them down so they are just a couple of inches off the ground, raise your legs a few inches and hold, raise your legs another few inches and hold and keep doing that until they are high enough to raise your butt off the floor - hold - and repeat on the way down. You get the most amazing burn from that too!
  • That sounds like a reverse crunch, Jillian Michaels has them in level 1 of 30 Day Shred (her workout dvd), and I love love love them! A variation my Body Pump instructor taught me was to do them in stages: Instead of starting with your legs at a 90 degree angle,bring them down so they are just a couple of inches off the ground, raise your legs a few inches and hold, raise your legs another few inches and hold and keep doing that until they are high enough to raise your butt off the floor - hold - and repeat on the way down. You get the most amazing burn from that too!

thats sounds amazing, I will try that too.. thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.