5-10 lbs in 2 weeks another 5-10 lbs the next 2 weeks?

katelyn002
katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So i have Wedding number 1 in 2 weeks... You think its possible to lose 5-10 lbs in that time frame?
Wedding number 2 in 4 weeks... Possible to lose another 5-10 lbs in that time frame?

Replies

• nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Yes possible.... but the changes of regaining it may well be higher.... slower is definitely the way forward, but if you're just starting, you are likely to lose more water anyway - 8lbs in the 4 weeks would be a sensible loss in the 4 weeks.... says she who has lost 3.5lbs in two days!!!! :wink:

Good luck, let us know how you get on too :drinker:
  • It really depends on how much you currently weigh and what you are going to do in order to achieve this loss.

If you eat healthily and exercise regularly, then I see no reason why you couldn't lose some weight, but perhaps aiming for 10lbs is a little high. However, as I said, it really does depend on how much you currently weigh.

Hope this helps and good luck xx
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I think if you are in this lifestyle change for the long haul, you are being unrealistic and possibly setting yourself up for failure. That said, when I started on MFP in January I did lose 6 pounds the first week, but largely because of how large I was; the second week I lost 3 pounds; since then it has been more of the 1/2 to 1.5 pounds per week until I reached goal mid summer. IF you are eating healthy, working out and following the plan either you (customized) or MFP (guided) created here, you will lose weight in a healthy, more long lasting manner. I understand the urgency of your weight loss desire, but you did not gain the weight overnight and if you want to succeed at losing it and keeping it off, I would recommend you approach losing it in a healthy manner. More than likely you will most certainly lose those first 10 pounds quickly, but don't expect to lose the other 5-10 pounds so fast.
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Thanks guy you all right.. im deff being unrealistic and setting mysel up to fail in the long run... I do NOT want that! I know it s a long process, so im gonna say 5 lbs in the next 4 weeks is a better goal for me... :) Thanks!!!
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Yay!!! Now THAT's a more achievable goal in 4 weeks :flowerforyou:
  • ljacobson
    ljacobson Posts: 8 Member
    I agree with what bowofcupid says about how much you currently weigh and what you are doing to achieve this loss. Healthy, effective "keep it off forever" weight loss usually follows the one pound per week rule. There is 3500 calories stored in a pound of fat. That means if your goal was a pound a week you would roughly have to cut 500 calories out of each day (from what you are normally consuming) through diet and exercise in a seven day week. Now this would leave you with about a 2-3 pound weight loss for the first 2 weeks and the same 2-3 pounds in the next couple weeks. If you are really motivated 2 pounds per week can be do-able, especially if you are currently fairly sedentary.

My advice is to do what you can in the next couple weeks, but please don't expect 20 lbs in two weeks unless you are planning to do it unhealthily. Think about a different date farther in the future that you can have a weight loss goal for. Heck if you don't have any motivating special events in the near future, plan to go somewhere when you reach your weight loss goal to celebrate!

Enjoy the wedding
This discussion has been closed.