One year, one month, one week and 154 lbs later

Options
I started using MFP last year at the recommendation of my doctor and nutritionist.

A former life long fatty (I was born obese!), I never learned what a portion was and the true nutritional value of the food I was putting in my body. I log on to enter data in MFP many times a day, from my phone, iPad and laptop. If I eat so much as a single almond, in it goes!

13 months later I am 154 lbs lighter, exercising regularly, making smart choices to fuel my body and will ALWAYS use MFP to give me the true picture of my daily intake. I enjoy the heck out of my 800 protein rich calories each day and my former size 28 body being comfortable in size 12 and 10 skinny jeans!

Tracking my activity as I train for a half marathon in May after having run over 40 5Ks last year has been huge for my progress and keeps me on track. MFP is one if the few free apps I'd actually pay for...and that is saying a LOT! I have only one paid app on all my devices so I'm not a willy nilly buyer. It's like having my coach and nutritionist on hand 24/7!!

The choice to get fit and healthy was mine, but a key part if my success is having an instant, always on resource!

That is my success story...and I'm not finished yet...what is YOUR success story? :)

Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Did you have weight loss surgery? Is this why you eat 800 calories each day?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!
  • suenevico
    suenevico Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Contratulations but why only 800 calories a day?
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Good job! Don't be ashamed if you had a surgery (800 protein rich calories - what they tell you to eat after WLS) to help. I have had lapband surgery but haven't been nearly as successful as you!
  • Fr33P4m
    Fr33P4m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WTG, and keep logging!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!