Hello

Options
Hi, I am new here and thought I would take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Susan, I am 44 years old, mom of three grown children, working nurse and full time student. I am perpetually busy and tired. I have actually been dieting for a month or so and lost about 19 pounds so far. Had a rough couple of days this week where I cheated and did not follow my plan. I was off to such a good start and I just don't want to blow it this time. I found this site and what I have seen of it so far is incredible. Hoping to make lots of new friends to encourage me and who I can encourage and support in their journey as well.

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Susan. This IS an incredible site. Everyone here is so supportive, encouraging, and motivating. I've only been a member of this site for a little over 3 weeks and I love it. I really like the calorie/exercise logs - those are so helpful in tracking calories eaten and burned. I too started the weight reduction well before joining this site with a loss of nearly 20 lbs. in a little less than 2 months. Since joining this site 3 weeks ago, I have lost another 8 lbs. It is amazing what we as individuals can do when we are determined to change.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and the best of luck with reaching your goals. Remember we all experience off days/weeks, so don't beat yourself up - just get back on track as soon as you can. I find that if I don't make excuses for myself, I am less likely to continue the poor eating habits and more likely to just get back to doing what I know I need to do. Be honest with yourself as you log in your calories and exercise - not being honest doesn't do you any good. If embarassment about what you eat or exercise is an issue, hide your logs and then others can't see them. Each person has their own way of doing things and their own comfort levels. Figure out what works for you and then "just do it."

Blessings.

Vickie