Chalean extreme vs T25

Options
Hello.... Im trying to decide on the next workout dvd to get. I am leaning toward ChaLean Extreme and T25. Does anyone has any pros and cons for these 2 workout plans? Or should I just get both, do them and then merge them in a hybrid workout? Any thoughts are welcomed!! Thank you :)

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm starting ChaLean soon (hasn't arrived yet) and I'm going cardio on my own. From everything I've read and seen, it's more for strength...if you need to lose weight, many lost inches but not pounds. That said, many that did, but they also seemed to do cardio of some kind on their own.

I looked at T-25 but for me, I like my Tabata workouts (Amy Dixon) for now and might try that later. I have about 6 cardio or interval workouts that I rotate.. I get bored if I do the same thing over and over.

Good luck, sounds like a great combo, you can make up your own workouts once you get a sense of your schedule and what will work for you.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've done ChaLEAN Extreme twice and it helped me bust through the plateau I had been experiencing and get to the 100 lb lost mark so I have a bit of a soft spot for it and I LOVE it!

I think having both CLX and T25 would be PERFECT because you want a mix of strength training and HIIT to get the fat off and that's what they both provide. The cardio in CLX is still HIIT and I actually really like them but T25 would work JUST as well, especially if you don't have a lot of time on those days. You will still get results doing both separately and you'll get results doing them together as long as you make sure to also focus on your nutrition while you're doing them!

Feel free to friend me and pick my brain about either (or both) programs!
  • TMilhon15
    Options
    Awesome... Thanks ladies!! Im really leaning to getting both and either do both at the same time or find a hybrid calendar some where.
  • debraran1
    Options
    Hi, My ChaLean should come this weekend....I was watching the infomercial for T25....I wish BB would show the actual DVD exercises for more than a minute....I don't really want to see all the before/after shots and people. I know some are real, some probably did other things, but I am really just interested in the DVD. ; )

I like the 25 minutes though....so looking for a bargain somewhere if that exists. I got a new DVD today to freshen up my old ones,, I hadn't heard of him before, Patrick Goudeau Body Weight Blast...saw it on college video....weights and cardio. I will do that today and see if I like it.

I talked to someone who did T25...she was more advanced than the first section, so she did that quicker and felt very challenged by the second set, Beta...she knows some who mix it up and do 2 workouts on weekends, morning and evening...you can really change it up if you like. :
    Got me really thinking about it....:smile:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I liked ChaLEAN Extreme a lot. I didn't eat very well during it (I did it Oct-Dec and the holidays got the best of me) so I didn't see any "results" but I definitely got stronger.

Right now I am doing Insanity (basically T25 in longer form, I've heard) and I love it. I feel like such a bad@$$ at the end of each workout and it's a really great calorie burn. I am (finally) eating better and seeing some great results.

If you can afford it, I think a hybrid of CLX and T25 would be ideal, but it's up to you! I know they are pricey.

Edited to add: If you do a google image search for "CLX and T25 hybrid calendar", a bunch of them come up. :)
  • debraran1
    Options
    Received mine today! I got everything but the charts which I downloaded online ( I knew that wasn't included)
    I did the first DVD and an ab workout. I watched others.

I was impressed that she had a DVD on form and went over all the exercises. I wish more would include more instruction. She also had info on food, cooking and motivation. There is an audio DVD also I will listen to in the car tomorrow.

It will take me a while to figure out my schedule with it, since I still want to do other dvd's I have but it will be fun.

There is one exerciser that had 7 children...single, twins and quads.....if she can do it, anyone can. ; )