new to P90X

Options
Hello,

I just purchased from what I hear an extremely amazing workout program P90X. I am personally not new to fitness world but yet was never able to get the ultimate results. I would love to get some advice or just to hear personal start-up stories that would keep me pushing. I must admit from what I hear that the nutritional plan could get little intense ( I am pretty healthy eater overall but once a week I must have my pigging out day))))))
thanks

Replies

• eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to p90x i started it 6 weeks ago about to start week 7
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome. I've been pretty fit most of my adult life but I have hypo-thyroid, and it's just harder to lose weight coupled with simply being older. My first run at P90X ended in the 9th week due to a knee injury, but it wasn't from P90X it was from a martial arts injury 6 months prior that I aggravated again. But, during just the 8 complete weeks I did I went from 230 to 212 and 4 inches off my waist, and my cardio was through the roof and I was feeling very strong. I gave my knee a couple months off and gained about 8 pounds, and I just completed my 5th week of my second run at it and I lost 6 pounds.

P90X is the real deal. I've tried a lot of other fitness programs and this is the first complete package I've ever come across, and after 12 years of going to the gym, I've canceled my membership.

Good luck and as Tony says, just keep pushing play and you can't go wrong!
  • yanafit
    Options
    Thanks for advice,
    Just wondering about cardio component, being ex-professional ballroom dancer most of my time I can go pretty intense on a cardio without any problem, with P90x is their cardio enough, or should I add extra??
  • livegoats
    Options
    As a runner, I found the P90X cardio to be pretty easy. Coupled with the strength training, I find that I enjoy those days b/c they offer a little break in between the heavier days. But, if you want more cardio, I know lots of people sub in cardio from Insanity (another P90x style workout) for something a little more challenging.

Also -- another tip on the nutrition front. I highly recommend eating power bars -- it really helps suppress the wicked appetite that P90X stirs up. My favorite is Clif Builder's Peanut Butter bars, I eat one for breakfast most days of the week and it's very filling.
  • byersdlt
    Options
    Hi Yanafit,
    I'm new to p90x myself and am really psyched to challenge my body to transform. I feel so amazing after the workouts! Tony really talks you thru it and helps you stay in it despite any challenges...I love that! I wish you the best as you "Bring It"!
    :happy: