Fat sick and nearly dead

Options
Just watched this documentary and found it very inspiring. Has anyone tried the 8 day juicing fast? And did it work who easy was it? I think I would like to give it a go but am worried about failing!

Replies

• ef21178
    ef21178 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love this documentary! Isn't it amazing?? I haven't done the 8 day one, my record is 4 days before I was forced to give up because I simply didn't have time to juice....my juicer is ancient and takes forever to clean. I simply couldn't do it. I would like to try in the future though!

The first 2-3 days are the hardest. I would recommend starting over a period of time when you can just lay around because you will feel like crap. After the first few are over though, you will start to feel better and better and will probably notice some changes in your body right away. There are a ton of recipes you can find for good juice-I really like apple with ginger and lemon. You can even add kale to that and it's still pretty good :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it far more than most infomercials.
  • mamasgonnalose
    Options
    Thanks
  • l80tamara
    Options
    Me and my husband lasted for 2 weeks. We had plenty of energy, we lost weight and our skin improved. But a bit of advice...lets just say our digestive system started working really well. Just be sure you always have access to a rest room :smile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I tried the 10 day, but lasted 8.5 days. I would "cheat" and ate veggies and fruits when I got hungry...its mind over matter...I think its a great way to jump start weight loss and to "alter" taste buds to be more accepting of food in their natural state, but I would never do it for 60 days. I lost 15 or so pounds in the 10 days, most of it was water and crap...but I did look noticeably thinner in my mid section, to the point that others complimented on it and my pants were loose
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It was a good movie. We went away on a 7 day holiday juice based retreat and have done a couple of runs on juice - 3 and 5 days - since. It's basically a high calorie deficit with reasonable nutritional intake in terms of micronutrients. If you're a carb addict it'll hit you fairly hard in the first few days.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I tried it and lasted just 2-3 days. That's when I wanted to die and get it over with. I liked the idea of it more than the reality of it. Movie was inspirational for sure, though! :smile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it far more than most infomercials.

This. The guy sells juicers. Spends a load of time touring, giving out samples and selling his cure all tonic.
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes I loved the documentary! although as you'll probably hear from others, juice cleanses are not really necessary for good health. What you could do is incorporate juicing into a diet that is also rich with other nutritious foods. And maybe replace one meal a day with a juice or even a green smoothie :) That way you'll get the benefits without the negative side effects you often hear about.

Your body cleanses itself, juice or no juice. But eating/drinking lots of nutritious foods will change your life!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I lasted 2 days. The green juice recipe is awful!!!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I would rather just eat fruits and vegetables and not buy a ridiculously expensive juicer.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My sister in law did this, and she had amazing results...also, she made her own juice recipes, didn't use the ones from the show.
    Granted, she already had the juicer and didn't have to spend any extra money besides on tons of fruits and vegetables, but if you feel you want to try it, I say go for it. :wink:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's a great study in marketing.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I would rather just eat fruits and vegetables and not buy a ridiculously expensive juicer.
    Your body needs fiber. Just eat the fruits and vegetables! Or make a smoothie with the same ingredients using a blender.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Seems like a setup
  • mamasgonnalose
    Options
    Wow how naive am I? I didn't even think of the movie as a great sales pitch for juicers but that kind of makes sense.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Wow how naive am I? I didn't even think of the movie as a great sales pitch for juicers but that kind of makes sense.

Yeah that's 100% what it is.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Yeah that's 100% what it is.

Unfortunately!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I rather eat food!!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Yeah, I think a lot of us fall for things like this at some point or another. Most documentaries are extremely biased, and some are downright manipulative.

Just stick with eating a balanced diet and getting in exercise, and you'll be fine.