Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Random cravings and dislikes of food/drink

Does anyone else experience really random cravings and food dislikes?

Out of nowhere I've been craving vanilla Greek yogurt and chopped fresh strawberries. The cravings are always very specific too. Eating strawberry yogurt won't cut it.

I will also abruptly lose the taste for something. I was a regular soda drinker until about 3 weeks ago. In the middle of the day, the thought of drinking soda seemed repulsive, so I've been drinking mostly tea and lemonade and light juices. I haven't had a drop of soda in about 3 weeks. No withdrawal effects either. Just cold turkey.

Does anyone else experience stuff like this? Does it mean anything nutritionally speaking?

Replies

• loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    I haven't had the cravings, well, not true, I was craving a steak and cheese sub last week. But my tastes have radically changed since I have changed my eating habits. Like you I quit diet soda months ago. I saw one i the fridge this past weekend, grabbed it, opened it and yuck! I could barely swallow it. Tasted sooo, fake and chemical tasting. I think eating a lot more fruits and veggies and drinking a lot more water, have changed my tastebuds for the better!
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Sort of. I've been craving sriracha sauce on nearly everything lately--on my rice bowls, especially. Probably it's my body's way of getting more flavor with less fat. I've been cutting my fat grams more recently. I also have been putting red pepper flakes on my pizza. Seems to help me be satisfied with a smaller portion, which is fine with me! I also was craving fresh steamed broccoli--not frozen and cooked, but fresh and steamed. Those are the kinds of cravings I can live with.

Of course, I also was craving lemon bars last week and made a pan. Unfortunately I'm the only one who really, really loves lemon bars so today, I threw what was left of the pan out rather than keep having one a day. It's what's best. :)

As for dislikes, I'm kind of off beef lately. Don't know if it's knowing it's got more fat than chicken and turkey, or what, but it just doesn't sound as appealing as salmon or shrimp or poultry.