Smaller version of Cacique (Lane Bryant) panties?

seltzermint555
seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
Ladies! I need some underwear recommendations!

Sexy bikinis and boyshorts are great...but this post is more about utilitarian underwear. For over a decade I have been a huge fan of Cacique (Lane Bryant) full coverage cotton briefs. Some may call them granny panties...but I like them! I usually buy them in black, red, blue, and prints and love them to wear with jeans, to sleep in, etc. SO comfortable.

I suppose it's a bit of an NSV but the smallest cotton brief they sell (14/16) is now baggy on me. This stands to reason, as I've worn their 14/16 since I wore a 22 in jeans...now firmly a size 16, I need to find myself some smaller panties.

Again when it comes to other styles this is not an issue. But does anyone have a recommendation for something similar? I would LOVE it if someone who has actually worn these Cacique briefs could recommend something similar in misses sizes from another store/brand.

The ones I've tried in the past were admittedly cheaper but pretty crap. The packaged-in-threes undies from Target I bought were donated immediately as they FELT like granny panties and/or had too much stretch and then tight elastic around the leg holes (I don't have unusually large thighs for my size).

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Too funny that you posted this. I love the Cacique undies, but the 14/16 panties are too big for me too. (wish I could say the bras were too big for me now, too, but that'll come next). However, I have no good suggestions. Hopefully someone more helpful than me will chime in.
  • sloane70
    sloane70 Posts: 45 Member
    Victoria's Secret full coverage briefs. Seriously. I can do a 14/16 in Cacique or a L/XL in Vickie's, depending on how much stretch the cotton has. And it's actually owned by the same company.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    I used to wear those back in my pre-MFP days, and the closest I was able to find after losing all the weight are the all-cotton briefs from Victoria's Secret -- IMO, they're even more comfortable than the Cacique ones were. And they're on sale right now! :D
  • jennyjaree
    jennyjaree Posts: 19 Member
    Victoria's Secret full coverage briefs. Seriously. I can do a 14/16 in Cacique or a L/XL in Vickie's, depending on how much stretch the cotton has. And it's actually owned by the same company.

I think you are correct that they are owned by the same company!
    I love Cacique, But the hipsters are my favorite!
  • seltzermint555
    aaaahhhh thank you ladies SOOOO much!!!

On the VS site right now!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    i don't know about the specific style but, i used to wear cacique panties. Now, I wear undies from Soma and Gap Body. I'm a fan of boyshort/hipster style undies but but both brands have several styles including briefs that are soft and comfy. I'm a size 14ish and i take an XL in Soma and a L or XL in Gap Body depending on the style.
  • seltzermint555
    Thanks again ladies. I went to VS tonight and bought 5 pairs of their high rise briefs to try out. REALLLLLLY like them! So comfortable and cute.

Never mind the slight awkwardness of the salesgirl being one of my husband's ex girlfriends who gave me a big hug and talked to me forever...LOL