Hey everyone, I'm Kendra

So basically my highest weight ever was 320, I worked and got down to 270. Then I got pregnant with my second child and got back up to 309, I turned around and got back to 273 before I just gave up and gained all of it back up to 308, now I am at 293. I am feeling very discouraged right now b/c even though I am eating right and exercising the number seems to be stuck there on the scale ( I know there is more to it all then the number on the scale). So I just thought I would come here to see if I can find some support, I haven't really used the community boards before.

Replies

• twinmuma
    twinmuma Posts: 30 Member
    We are all very supportive. Add us as friends, and we will all motivate. You feel discouraged and we were or are there right now. Motivate and you got this Kendra!
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you :)
  • When I first logged onto this site I was just about to give up, but I have some awesome people who immediately started motivating and encouraging me to not give up. It's only been a few weeks but I have a new outlook that I can actually do this. You hang in there and we will do this together!:smile:
  • The times my scale wasn't moving I measured my self and had my fat percentage taken I was down a few on my percentage and inches down on my measurements . I felt good knowing I was still losing fat. Don't let the scale discourage you. You got this.
  • ktuck0205
    That's what I keep telling myself, even if the scale is not moving working out regularly and eating better has to be healthy for me.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    It's a marathon, not a sprint!

You can do it, just believe in yourself.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    All your victories will not be seen on the scale young lady. Keep an eye on EVERYTHING and celebrate ALL your victories, big and small. A piece of clothes that might be a little looser, walked a little further than usual, exercised a little longer than usual, ate less of something that you usually ate more of. THEY ALL COUNT. I have 150 lbs to lose and it took a while to put it on, so its gonna be a while to get it off. Keep at it and keep your eye on the prize young lady. U GOT THIS!!! :happy:
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    A friend on here once reminded me that we didn't get this way over night so its not going to go away over night and also that its ok if the journey takes a while as long as your on the journey! It's better then not being on it at all - you're on your way!
  • ktuck0205
    It may take awhile but I do plan to get their. I have broke my large goal into several small ones.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    if you want to add me as a friend feel free to. I log on every day and I will encourage anyone who does likewise with me. It sounds like you are not going to give up. This is good. The only thing that ever got me fat was giving up. We all do this our own way but what as worked for me (and it is the only thing that has worked for me) was to realise I didn't need to go on a diet, I needed to change my life and lifestyle. By doing this I have gradually changed. I have different life goals than when I started and I do different things in my spare time. For the first time ever I feel like I am going to do this. Its not the diet that is going to change my life this time, it is instead the life that is going to change my diet :-) Good luck, dont ever give up and keep going no matter what. That doesn't mean we can't have days where we don't hit our preconceived goals it means for me taking it one day at a time. Yesterday is history, it doesn't usually affect what I do today in a negative way.
    All the best :-)
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    stay positive!!! you can achieve your goals n dreams!
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    you are moving in the right direction Kendra. Everyone's body reacts differently - give it some time and stay in for the long haul! You got this!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Have you seen this thread :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1178545-from-300-to-155

This can be you :-) It really really can, go for it
  • ktuck0205
    Thanks for adding me, it will help me stay accountable :)