Optifast 800

Options
2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What's optifast?

A "protein sparing modified fast" very low calorie diet, medically prescribed to obese people for a finite period.

Nutritionally complete through formulation with lots of additives.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You've already gotten a lot of good advice here so I'll just agree with the majority of the comments. Fast is not the way to go, but if it works for you as a way to get started then it's not necessarily a bad thing. The most important mantra here is that while some folks may be able to lose quicky the trick is to keep it off...and you can only do that by changing and adapting to a new eating program and that means real food.
  • jennelise8
    Options
    Hi there! Way to go on the 8 lbs - before you know it you will be where you need to be! I did this program last year and ( in the 1st and most crucial part of the program) 3 months lost 44 lbs! It was the hardest most freeing and exciting 3 months of my life because I was finally doing what was right for me, losing the weight and getting healthy. I didn't stick to the plan towards the end and have gained some weight back. I am human and am trying not to beat myself up over it. I have the shakes, know what to do and plan to restart today! I know my healthy me is inside waiting to get out and live life! If anyone needs to chat privately and in a positive way whether for advice or just to exchange tips reply to me! Best of luck to everyone!!!
  • jennelise8
    Options
    Go for it! It will change your life and make you realize you can do anything you put your mind too!!
  • fayonoptifast
    Options
    I started my Optifast 800 journey today. I know there are many people both for and against this program but I chose it for myself not only as a great way to begin my weightloss journey but also because I know it works. Its a tried and tested program and it will definitely get the weight off as long as a succeed in being disciplined and stick with it. I have tried and failed at many other programs because of my lack of will power and cheating when I don't see the result I expect for all my hard work. My 28th birthday is in less than 2 weeks and I want a good weight loss start to be my present to myself. I hope there are people on here who will support me through this and will share great advice if already completed :).