Weight gain after slight change in goals?

Aeriel
Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I recently changed my goals from losing 1.5 pounds per week to 1 pound per week. I have been feeling dizzy and light headed, and my doctor thinks I am anaemic. However, I thought I might need a little more food, so I changed my goals. In the 4 days that I have been eating an extra 250-350 calories a day, I have gained back almost 2 pounds. Is this normal? Is it just my body adjusting to the new calories? I am still 400-500 calories a day under maintenance calories. Bloodwork should be in on Tuesday to give me an answer but frustrating to lose progress while waiting.

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    If I am reading this right, you were eating 600-700 under your calories???? That's not good. That would explain the dizziness and being light headed. You aren't eating enough.

Yes, the gain is an adjustment to the extra calories, but you really should be eating most of your calorie allowance. I notice when I have a day that I am short on calories I have a big weight drop the next day, but as soon as I go back to my regular calories the weight comes back and my weight loss continues at a steady rate.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    If I am reading this right, you were eating 600-700 under your calories???? That's not good. That would explain the dizziness and being light headed. You aren't eating enough.

Yes, the gain is an adjustment to the extra calories, but you really should be eating most of your calorie allowance. I notice when I have a day that I am short on calories I have a big weight drop the next day, but as soon as I go back to my regular calories the weight comes back and my weight loss continues at a steady rate.

No, I was eating what MFP told me to be eating to be losing 1.5 pounds per week...about 1380 calories a day, and I was eating back some or a good portion of my exercise calories too. I wasn't starving myself. Now I am back up to 1600-1650 per day, as per MFP recommendation for a 1 pound a week drop. My maintenence calories would be around 2100 per day, according to the site, to maintain the weight I am at now.
This discussion has been closed.