Having a hard time eating breakfast

Options
I am having a hard time with eating breakfast, I am a coffee drinker. I know I need to eat int the mornings, but I don't have any urge to eat anything. I usually have a snack in the morning, but not eating breakfast is hurting my calories for the day (Hard to eat enough calories throughout the day), I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I am having a hard time with eating breakfast, I am a coffee drinker. I know I need to eat int the mornings, but I don't have any urge to eat anything. I usually have a snack in the morning, but not eating breakfast is hurting my calories for the day (Hard to eat enough calories throughout the day), I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    If you stop eating a couple hours before bed, you are more likely to wake up hungry. I know some people make fruit shakes in the mornings.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I've made myself a deal, lol. I am a big coffee drinker. While the coffee pot is perculating is when I eat my breakfast. Usually just a bowl of weight control oatmeal and a fruit , or 1 cup of cheerios and a banana. So my coffee is my "treat" for eatting my breakfast. Ya just kinda gotta talk yourself into the routine. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • 3DMom2008
    Options
    I know I'm not the only one with breakfast issues. I rarely have breakfast other than coffee and juice, or at times, a piece of fruit instead of juice. Whenever I have more than that, like toast, cereal or egg, etc., by 10 a.m. I am famished. Without breakfast, I can wait until 1-2 pm before I get hungry enough to warrant /feel like eating. Since I have a hard time losing weight, I try to stick to the theory of only eating when I'm hungry and I seem to do much better. I know they say always eat breakfast, but whenever I do the pounds start creeping back on.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Most mornings, I eat peanut butter & jelly on toasted pumpernickle with a glass of milk. I don't have time to prepare oatmeal or cut up fruit, etc.

I also buy a whole grain rye bread from Trader Joes - it is definately "whole" grain. It's cut about 1/4 inch thick & 100 cals per slice. I will toast 1 slice & eat with peanut butter & honey & a glass of milk - it is REALLY filling & tasty.

Both choices have around 300 calories.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. When I don't feel like fixing anything I normaly grab a Milk Cholate Slim-fast. That the only flavor I enjoy and although it may not be the best, it still gives me a lot of the things I need to start my day off.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    I never am hungry at breakfast time.
    Tell me, if i am exercising each day and not going over my calories at all then why do i have to eat breakfast? I don't snack, I have a healthy lunch and I have a healthy dinner. At most in the morning I might have a banana but that's it.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating breakfast either. It makes me want to eat more earlier as well, if I don't eat breakfast I can go halfway through the day without eating anything.
    But I also realize the importance of breakfast and since I wake up and make the kids breakfast every morning. it is not that unfeasible for me to make my own breakfast.
    I try to eat something small. Maybe eggbeaters with some veggies, or a half of a serving of cereal, maybe a piece of toast with jam and ff cream cheese. This way I am eating some breakfast to kick off my metabolism andi am saving enough calories so that two hours later I can eat more and not stress as much about going over my calories. I also drink my coffee seperately and make that feel like a meal in itself. This is my way (don't know if it is the recommended way) but all these little meals help me out a lot
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this, I never used to bother with it as I never fancied it but I got some advice of a friend who said:

"It's vital to kick start the metabolism...hence the wording "break-fast" it breaks the fast your body experiences overnight. without it your body believes it is starving thus slowing down the metabolism & resulting in weight gain!!!"

Strangely enough I now find when I eat a sensible breakfast (oatmeal/fruit) my weight loss is higher.

So I am sticking to my friend advice, plus you get use to it after you start incorporating it into your routine.
    :flowerforyou:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I never am hungry at breakfast time.
    Tell me, if i am exercising each day and not going over my calories at all then why do i have to eat breakfast? I don't snack, I have a healthy lunch and I have a healthy dinner. At most in the morning I might have a banana but that's it.

I think banana is a good idea. It only has about 100 calories but still better than nothing :smile:
    I'm the opposite - I can skip my evening meal but not breakfast. I guess it's all about habits. Probably not eating 4-5 hours before bad will make you hungry in the morning.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm the opposite...a HUGE b-fast eater....
    BUT I like the suggestion of eating less at night, or a few hours before bed
    If that doesn't help what about one of those yogurt drinks..I like dannon and they are 70cals...pretty good...
    Maybe try that with a banana or a few nuts?

Kim
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I used to get nauseous in the morning if I ate anything within the first 2-3 hours of waking up. So, I spent years not doing it. Basically it comes down to getting SOMETHING in your body... if you're on the go, grab a granola bar.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The reason you need to eat breakfast is that it kick starts zour metabolism for the day. I would recommend a smoothie made with things like fruit and yogurt or a protein shake as either of these can give you a few hundred calories without actually eating. Maybe try strawberry, banana, yogurt and some ice or milk if you need it!