calories

Do you have to use all the daily calories ?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    If you're following MFP as intended yes. Of course no one will come to your house and force you to eat them if you don't. Since it's a GOAL then the idea would be to meet your GOAL for best results.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    If you don't want them....Ill take them.
    Seriously...yes. eat your calories AND your burned calories too.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Think of calories as a rolling average. Don't eat if you aren't hungry.
    You might eat a little more the next day, or had a bit more the day before.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    If you're having issues eating them all try more calorie dense foods - full fat dairy, nuts, peanut butter, avocados. Skip all "diet" foods.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Think of calories as a rolling average. Don't eat if you aren't hungry.
    You might eat a little more the next day, or had a bit more the day before.

^^^ yea look more at the week as a whole
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    For me its a rolling average But at the end of the day I am trying to transform my body from something (a fat lump) into something else (a lean fit racing machine lol [well I can dream]) To get the end result I am after I need to eat sensibly. If I cut out too much I am going to reduce my lean body mass which is the last thing I want - I don't want to end up thin and weak I want to be lean and fit. On top of trying to eat at a sensible rate then I also try and get a lot of protein into me. Research has shown that people who keep protein levels high tend to drop more fat and less muscle. So the answer to your question from my personal point of view is try and eat on average your daily allowance and eat back you exercise calories as well.

I would suggest you read this as well

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Cheers