Pumpkin Mousse made with Greek Yogurt (145 cal)

Options
aawh
aawh Posts: 96 Member
I made this for breakfast and it is awesome!!! Ended up being more of a dessert though. I'm always experimenting with different flavors in my yogurt and the cool weather had me wanting pumpkin. Tastes like a cool creamy pumpkin pie!

1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh (no pie filling)
1 tablespoon instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix (this is dry mix, not prepared pudding)
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
Few dashes nutmeg
Dash allspice
Tiny dash cloves
(Adjust spices to your own taste, I like it strong. You could probably use maybe a 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice instead of the nutmeg, allspice & cloves)

Mix yogurt and pumpkin together, then add everything else and mix very well. It will start to thicken immediately.

Because this was supposed to be breakfast I had added a little granola topping and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup, but next time I think I will just add a sprinkling of pecans. This is so yummy by itself it doesn't need much.

Calories depend on what brands and amounts of everything you use, but mine ended up being (without toppings):

145 calories
1 fat
23 carbs
7 fiber
9 sugar
15 protein

And you could probably use any kind of instant pudding mix with greek yogurt, or plain yogurt if that's what you like, to create all kinds new flavors... like chocolate! Yum!

Replies

• SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I love pumpkin!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    perfect timing for fall! BUMP
  • Whyndancer
    Options
    This sounds Yummy! Thank You!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keeper
  • PJRiner
    Options
    YUM YUM YUM...thanks ; p
  • justsomemodgirl
    justsomemodgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was excited to see this recipe- as I have been making one similar to this for years. ;-) It was great of you to share- although the other day I felt experimental as well and added the greek yogurt and was wonderfully surprised!
    Thanks so much!:smile:
  • aawh
    Options
    I was excited to see this recipe- as I have been making one similar to this for years. ;-) It was great of you to share- although the other day I felt experimental as well and added the greek yogurt and was wonderfully surprised!
    Thanks so much!:smile:

Yeah, it's nice to have some new flavors to wake up the taste buds!

I'm thinking there might not be much canned pumpkin in the stores yet, so next I'm planning to try this:

Yogurt, applesauce, and caramel or butterscotch flavored pudding mix. Add chopped up apples with a few peanuts on top and you have... caramel apple mousse!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump- thanks!!
  • justsomemodgirl
    justsomemodgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! That sounds amazing! I will need to make a note of this one ;-) It's nice to see that we are capable of putting together healthy alternatives to a craving. It's even nicer when we share, thanks so much!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
    making this wed morning~~
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! i'm a HUGE fan of pumpkin as well as greek yogurt. (i'm even taking a can of pumpkin to college with me to mix into oatmeal and other things) i've also been looking for different ways to flavor my plain yogurt, do you think even adding pudding mix only would work? i guess i'll have to play with this...
  • aawh
    Options
    thanks for sharing! i'm a HUGE fan of pumpkin as well as greek yogurt. (i'm even taking a can of pumpkin to college with me to mix into oatmeal and other things) i've also been looking for different ways to flavor my plain yogurt, do you think even adding pudding mix only would work? i guess i'll have to play with this...

Yeah! You would just have to adjust the amount of yogurt you use, or adjust the amount of pudding mix you add to compensate for not having the 1/2 cup of pumpkin. I can't wait to try other flavors either!
  • ndm531
    ndm531 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This sounds heavenly.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • flwyland
    Options
    bump!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Mmm! Can't wait to try this!! Sounds delicious!! Thanks :D
  • caryn2010
    caryn2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do ppl write "bump" as a way for themselves to be able to get back to the posting? :) Or as a sortof "hurrah" to the poster? :) Regardless...I like the sound of what you posted and I will most certainly be giving it a little experimenting in the near future. :) THANX 4 sharing!!!
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!