Making the plan

Options
A little while back I reached a milestone age and I took a long hard look at the person I have become. I had plans for who I was going to be, not rich, not having things, but being of strong character and having the determination to achieve my goals. Now, with my son's fresh face looking at me I have to say I am making a terrible impression. I have taken the easy way out. I have become lazy and full of excuses.

So I will focus on what I AM good at:
I AM good at saving my pennies.
I AM good at learning something every day.
I AM good at taking care of my family.

And then I will focus on what I AM NOT good at:
I AM NOT good at taking care of ME.

I love to sit and binge watch tv on my day off when my family is out of the house. I make the worst choices when they are away. I find myself in the kitchen eating everything I can get my hands on wondering how I got there in the first place. As a family, we eat nutritious meals but portion control is a foreign word. My husband is an avid rower but I make every excuse I can to evade, “Why don’t you row today?” I seem to relish in my negative thoughts, especially the ones about me.

The worst part, when I look back at my photo album over the last while I seem to have disappeared. Ironically, I was just getting bigger the whole time. I want to get back in the picture!

So, I developed “The Plan”. Even though I have several tens of pounds to lose, I view losing the weight as a value add to improving my life with an emphasis on reading good books, getting adequate sleep and making positive changes that can lead to healthy routines and “regular” body function.

Drink more water
1 Sigg Bottle (600ml) before noon
2 Siggs Bottles (1200ml) after noon
1 Ball jar (32oz – 946 ml) at home/ flavored with fruit

Eating
Document food in food Journal – My fitness Pal
1200 calories/day -- Row days increase to 1250.
Eat breakfast every day
No Eating after 9pm
No dairy
One cup of coffee per week (week-ends)
Eat very few snacks of sweets. Preferably fruit/nuts. Popcorn only on Friday or Saturday.

Exercise

Morning
2 x/ Week (6am)
1 – Row – WEDNESDAY
1 – Other -- *FRIDAY

Evening
3x/ Week
1 – Row -- MONDAY
1 – Other -- *TUESDAY
1 – Yoga -- THURSDAY

Week-End
2x/ Week-end
1 – Row --SATURDAY (1250 Calories)
1 – Other -- SUNDAY

* One day (Friday or Tuesday) can be a Bye Day.

Sleep
Head to bed by 9:45pm
Phone down at 10:00
Sleep at 10:30

Wish me luck!!!!

Replies

• Karen64Lynn
    Karen64Lynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow .. I am impressed! Good for you - you seem very focused and it is awesome that you have a plan. Just take it a day at a time and the best of luck to you! :smile:
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    A few weeks in and my sleep is better than ever,