HRM with cadence & miles

Lisamarie1226
Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys...

I know we see a TON of HRM questions and some of them are repeats. So if this is a repeat, I'm sorry.

I currently have a Polar F6 and am okay with it. But lately I've gotten into jogging outdoors and would like a HRM that tracks cadence and miles. I don't want to spend a small fortune but I want one that is accurate and I don't want to skimp too badly.

My friend has a Garmin that has GPS and tracks cadence and miles and you can program (say you want to jog for 10, walk to 1 minute). It is AWESOME...but she spent like over $300. Hers also tracks calories but does NOT have a chest strap, nor does she need a footpod.

I had some Nike+ shoes and I was thinking of getting that Nike + thing but the shoes aren't comfortable for me! That little place where the chip is supposed to go? It ends up hurting if I am out running for more than 30 minutes and really bothers me on a treadmill. So I got New Balance instead and LOVE them!

But anyway, I went to a Sports Authority and saw a HRM monitor watch from Armitron and it was like $60... it said it tracks calories, cadence and miles (no chest strap). I just don't know how accurate it would be, but it is from the Ironman series.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations?

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!!!

Replies

• Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Do you have an Apple iphone ? If you do there is a 'iMapMyRun' app which has GPS and gives you distance and times etc.
    I have a very basic Polar HRM but used with this app i have everything i need. It's working for me and i'm about to do my first half-marathon at the end of this month.
    Also i've progammed it to tell me as and when i've run every 0.5 mile and it speaks distance covered and pace etc while you're running if you want!! :laugh:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Nope, I do not have an iphone.
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    oh well, they do have a good website as well, where you can map out a run before or after to at least work out your distance and its free.
    otherwise i've read that the Garmin Forerunner 110 is very good, but it's expensive.
This discussion has been closed.