New to this!

Options
Hello everyone, My name is Jai and I'm only on day 2 with MFP but its going great so far! I do have a question, has anyone tried the Dole Smoothie Shakers?? If so, please let me know if they are something good to incorporate into my diet or if they are just a waste of time to buy.

Replies

• victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd say just stick to making your own :) that way you know EXACTLY what's in it. Every morning without fail I whip one up consisting of frozen rasperries, a kiwi, a spoonful of yogurt, half a banana & some blueberries. Soooooo goooooood
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    I agree * make your own and yours sound delicious
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Its super easy to make your own. I make mine in advance so I can just grab them and go (up to 2 days). Its a lot more fun to experiment with the different fruits you like. You can use frozen or fresh. Over the spring and summer there are plenty of places where you can pick your own berries and most berries freeze easily. So you can enjoy not only the exercise of going and picking fresh fruit but then continue to enjoy them the rest of the year. :) and its usually cheaper than buying them in the store. There are plenty of recipes online, my favorite place for recipes is allrecipes.com
  • jaimoni
    Options
    I'd say just stick to making your own :) that way you know EXACTLY what's in it. Every morning without fail I whip one up consisting of frozen rasperries, a kiwi, a spoonful of yogurt, half a banana & some blueberries. Soooooo goooooood

That sounds really good! I think I will just invest in a juicer and make my own so that I can switch it up.
  • jaimoni
    Options
    Its super easy to make your own. I make mine in advance so I can just grab them and go (up to 2 days). Its a lot more fun to experiment with the different fruits you like. You can use frozen or fresh. Over the spring and summer there are plenty of places where you can pick your own berries and most berries freeze easily. So you can enjoy not only the exercise of going and picking fresh fruit but then continue to enjoy them the rest of the year. :) and its usually cheaper than buying them in the store. There are plenty of recipes online, my favorite place for recipes is allrecipes.com

Thanks, I'll check that website out. Good idea to make them ahead of time, would save me prep time every day.
    Appreciate the advice :)
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    no probs :) even the magic bullet works wonders :) you can buy the single sized one for like $30!