Intermittent Fasting?

Options
Has anyone tried this? I am having a hard time losing weight and I am starting to believe it is because of my years and years of yo-yo dieting. I have read that years of yo-yo dieting can destroy your metabolism and I believe that may be the case for me. I started doing this yesterday, I have doing the 16 hour fasting, where I have an 8 hour window of eating, I still eat my 1,200 calories but I must get them in between the hours of 11 am and 7 pm. Has anyone tried this and had success or failure?

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    would be interested to know the answer to this myself....
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I did it pretty much the entirety of my weight loss. It worked out great for me because I like big meals, and I prefer to have my calories in the evenings.

Since transitioning to maintenance I've gotten more lazy and pretty much stopped monitoring my window, but I still eat more like an IF plan than a regular eating schedule, but I start my protein earlier in the morning and don't eat real food most days until lunch.
  • Missabled
    Options
    YES!!! I started last January....did really well until things began to stall in June....so I too had started reading the forums here on MFP and stumbled on to 2 things, IF and also Cycling....so I combined them.

My eating window was between 10AM and 4PM on "up" calorie days.. and an eating window of between Noon and 7PM, on my low calorie days.

BUT....I also keep the higher carbs for my first meal of the day...IE: oatmeal, flax bread, waffles, pancakes, muffins, etc.....

lower the carbs at lunch with my fruits, veggies, beans, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc....

then try to keep my last meal of the day higher protein and carbs minimal.......

I started at 304LBS. and size 3XL and 24/26...they were getting tight! Now I am in size 10's 12's and medium tops, and for the first time since the early 90's my waist is under 30!!!

You can do it!!! Good luck!!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    read about it.
    then try it.

http://www.leangains.com/