Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello World!

This is not my first time in a forum, though it is my first time on a fitness forum. I am 29, out of shape, father of 3, and woefully unprepared should I ever have to run for my life. I do however have a wonderful supportive wife, and a marathon running, former Marine, police officer brother. But that wasn't what drove me to this site or community. It was the $20 bucks I put into the pot at work for our Biggest Loser competition. Skin in the game did something to me, and I want to win. I want to be able to run a 5K with my brother, and be an example for my children. All of these things, and it cost me a twenty to earn that initiative.
I am now about 2 weeks in and have lost just over 5 lbs. I'm not tracking anything else, like my neck or waist, though I have noticed that the second belt hole on my size 38 belt is a bit easier to get to. The first week saw me start eating clean and this second week was my break into exercising on a daily basis. I can't run a mile yet but once around the track didn't kill me. I'm interested to see where this leads...

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Welcome and it sounds like you are off to a great start. :smile:
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    You've come to a great place. This is my first time on here and the outpouring of positive feedback is amazing and motivating in itself. It sounds like you are off to a great start.
  • This is my first time I am joining a community of people with similar goals in being healthy.
    I have started doing insanity workout just since 5 days.
    Initially I was breathless throughout the workout. But slowly the pain in leg and calf muscles are receding. First day I did not complete the full 40 minutes. slowly I can see I am building stamina to work through the complete workout, however there is not much motivation when you are doing this program all alone at home. So I have joined this community to get some encouragement.
    My Body fat currently is in excess at 28.89%; for men its high risk, BMI is 24 which means on the verge towards being obese.
    I am looking forward to Insanity to improve my physique and reduce risks of obesity.
    Hello everyone and nice meeting you all enthusiastic people.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Good luck with the insanity workout. My insanity workout is every Sunday after church when I meet my brother for 30 minutes of non-stop, rusty bellow breathing workout. I am trying to work myself up to a mile by this weekend. Thank you very much for the warm welcome Annastasia, and Chenoachem.

Milestone for today...hit 11,000 steps...
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Great start - keep pushing yourself! Are you logging all your food also? If not - please consider! I learned quickly that estimating led me to UNDERestimating what I was eating 99% of the time.

If you are, consider sharing your diary with your friends. Knowing that they are keeping up with you helps keep you accountable.

Stick with it!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Thanks! Yes, I am keeping my food diary. And good thing too, since for me estimating meant eating too little. I haven't broken myself away yet from the culture of eating very little means being healthy. Trying to make sure that I do manage my calories but not send my body into starvation mode is tricky. So keeping the diary and seeing the totals help tremendously.