Am I the only one...

Options
Am I the only one who feels kind of stupid doing a work out DVD at home? I don't even know why! It just makes me feel stupid...

I'm strange..lol

Replies

• kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've tried several times but they kind of annoy me...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That's all I do. I've been doing home DVDs and videos (yeah, I was doing it before DVDs were invented) for years. I'm comfortable with it. It's just normal to me. But....I get sort of weirded out if my husband walks through the room. I like my solitude for exercising.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I love it, best thing since sliced bread for me
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Its weird for me, because I grew up watching my mom do Richard Simmons videos. That its the only association I have with working out at home. But I do them anyway, and my kids watch me.
  • jessicameadsstephens
    Options
    I love it UTube videos are my friend I get to try new things and see what I like and dont like and switch it up.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Only when my husband stands in the doorway and imitates me:laugh: . That's when I look at him and say "Oh really? Why don't you get your *kitten* in here and do it with me? Lets see how long you last!"

That makes him run away real quick.

(My dog also sits outside the door and watches me with this look that says "WTF you doing and more importantly WHY!?")
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    No. I like it. Can be annoying if people keep interrupting my routine or dogs want something...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love doing my DVD's in the am. Love the fact no one is watching me.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Get over it and workout. Simple as that.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels kind of stupid doing a work out DVD at home? I don't even know why! It just makes me feel stupid...

I'm strange..lol
    I always feel like someone is watching and yet I know I am all alone!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options

I'm strange..lol
    I always feel like someone is watching and yet I know I am all alone!

haha, am I the only one who sang this line when they saw this...

"I always feel like somebody's watching me. And I have no privacy."

Or am I just showing my age here... lol I mean I do Step Aerobics with Gin Miller and Tae Bo with Billy Blanks so maybe,,,,
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't feel weird and my husband leaves me alone, but I just I don't feel motivated and enthusiastic enough like when I go the gym. I only do DVD workouts if I need a change in my routine or if I can't go the gym.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I start talking back to the TV and then I feel stupid...
    It makes my boyfriend laugh though. He lays on the bed and faces away and plays on his DS. But whenever I start telling the TV person what I think of them and their routine he can't help but laugh.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't really like when people watch. That being said, since I started exercising at home, my kids started working out as well. We now have a sign up chart for the treadmill. While I don't like it, it's an incredible education for them to start leading a healthy lifestyle before they're overweight.

One day, before they started working out themselves, but were obviously getting interested, they started imitating me. I got even with them by grabbing my phone and snapping a picture of them. I think posting it here will really be sweet revenge :)

20131226_225021.jpg"
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I only dislike the annoying lady downstairs who always complains when I work out.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No, I love them! Maybe you haven't found one you like yet? Some are better than others!!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    No, I feel a bit daft too. And agree with the point about feeling more motivated in the gym. I find it more of a hassle to work out a time to be alone and use it than just going to the gym or for a walk/run.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do yoga clips, and my dog always thinks I'm trying to play with her.

Other than that, I'm too focussed on my workout to worry about anything else.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love it UTube videos are my friend I get to try new things and see what I like and dont like and switch it up.

+1
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do feel a bit akward, and that is intensified when my husband is watching. And it really annoys me when he asks me questions while I'm doing it, like he's cleaning the kitchen and says "where does this go." Umm I love him, but sheesh, I'm uncoordinated enough without having to turn to look in his direction AND try to do the work out.