how to diet when there is so many nice things in the house

like yesterday my gf brought me home a kfc and a curry to day after i tell her im trying to diet and every time i throw sweats or chips out in the bin the next day more appears in the presses i no i gots a eating prob but how can i make my diet work like this thanks for help

Replies

• kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    You need to sit down with your girlfriend and have a serious conversation. Explain to her how you feel about food, how you dont have control when you are around bad food, and how she needs to support your new way of eating so that you can be successful. Tell her that she can help you, that she needs to encourage you, and that you need her to do this.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    I hope this doesn't sound too glib, but I just say to myself, " I can't have that, it doesn't fit in my plan." Sometimes I have to say it out loud to the person offering it.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    I had to have a talk with my husband about how I had little to no willpower, and though I appreciated his thoughtfulness in bringing me home chocolate and donuts, it would be better for me if he didn't do it quite so often. He was great about it. Problem solved for me.
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    This is a problem I often have with my boyfriend(he can eat anything and it never catches up to him). I just simply tell him "that won't work with my calories today" and he understands and supports me. If that is not the case maybe you need to tell your girl that you are very serious about your weight loss and that having those kinds of snacks in the house is hard for you and what you are trying to accomplish. She should be understanding of that. Good luck
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    You need to sit down with your girlfriend and have a serious conversation. Explain to her how you feel about food, how you dont have control when you are around bad food, and how she needs to support your new way of eating so that you can be successful. Tell her that she can help you, that she needs to encourage you, and that you need her to do this.

Truth!