How much exercise do you do to maintain your weight

Options
I am currently maintaining my weight, how much exercise do you do for your daily workout?

How long do you train for?

How many times a week?

What sort of training do you do?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    food/diet is for maintaining weight.

I train because I love it.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    food/diet is for maintaining weight.

I train because I love it.

^^This

However, try Stronglifts 5x5. It is a very basic set up that anyone can start with!
  • klmorg1227
    klmorg1227 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do the same work outs I did while I was losing because I love the work outs. I just eat more calories now to maintain. I do cardio (running or elliptical) 6 days a week and weight/strength training 3 days a week and take every Sunday off.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have actually increased my exercise. I am training for fitness goals at the moment. In reality though I could get away with very little exercise as my job is very active. But I feel better with actually training as well.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise to maintain weight. Exercise is what I do for me on many levels.

I do eat a lot to fuel my body properly though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Diet for weight control; exercise for fitness.

Exercise increases your activity which in turn increases your calorie requirements to maintain. When I'm just doing my normal workouts...3x weekly weight training and 45-60 minutes or so out on the bike 3-4 times per week I will maintain around 2700 - 2800 calories. When I'm training for a century or triathlon or I'm doing cyclocross or something i can easily consume 3200 + calories per day and have difficulty not losing a little bit of weight.

Again, your energy needs are simply based on your activity...the more active you are, the more energy (calories) you need...the less active you are, the less energy (calories) you need. Your weight control is largely about diet...whether losing, maintaining, or gaining...it's about diet.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I hear guys talk in the gym about exercising to lose weight, and how they run so much yadda yadda yadda and don't lose weight. Or they need to exercise so much, but they can't stop the growing bellies. Then they blame metabolism and getting older. It's kinda sad. Trying so hard at the wrong things.