Logging food is so tedious and awful...

Options
1235»

Replies

• gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use the app on my phone with bar codes also, it helps so much. I work full time so I have to plan meals, do the shopping, try to find meals that fit all of the parameters. Make all meals including breakfast, and lunches for grab and go. My problem is we socialize on the weekends a lot and we like to have cocktails! I find myself saving my calories for my splurge nights, then it balances out right? OR not?
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just weird because I don't have an app. Logging is my favorite part, but like I said, I'm kind of weird.
  • red869
    red869 Posts: 59
    Options
    I don't mind doing it at all. For about 7-8 years I used to note down what I'd eaten into a little diary I'd purchased and then use another book, which had calorie values for most foods in it, (or look up the nutritional information online) to calculate exactly how many calories I'd consumed. I did that on and off for years. Now that was time consuming! This is very quick and easy.

I make most of my meals on one day every two-weeks or so and then weigh out everything equally into little boxes, that way I know how many calories a meal has. It's time consuming on the day as I weigh huge amounts of food, before and after cooking, but it's worth it. I can pre-log my calories so it's no hassle.

Also, like others have mentioned, get the phone app. I personally don't use it often, but it's helpful.