"Rabbit Food"

Options
I am the worst consumer of Salads etc because I absolutely dislike the taste and texture of "rabbit food"

If anyone could offer up some fantastic ways to get more vegetables into my diet without the leafy/dirt flavour I would love to hear some ideas!

(Note: I'm an extremely fussy eater but I really want to make a change)

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry? doesn't involve leaves if you dont want :)

Vegetable Soups
    Steamed
    Roasted
    Just a bunch of raw veg you like (cauliflower, carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc.)
    Wraps don't need lettuce you could use peppers, cucumbers, pretty much anything you want
  • peajay123
    peajay123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE stirfry, It's probably the only way I can actually eat the recommended amount of veges,
    I'm wondering if omelettes are also good, say if I were to add grated carrot and mushrooms into this?

I went vege shopping and this is what I got:

Mushrooms
    2 Carrots
    Onions
    Spring Onions
    Frozen Mixed Veg
    Baby Corn

I also have chicken breast and one steak fillet...I also have potatoes (Carbs...eeek!)
    Is there any meals in particular bar stir fry that you think would go amazingly?

Thanks so much!!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of salads either. The only ones I like are the ones with lots of dressing and lots of cheese... ie., Caesar and Cobb! Not the healthiest, huh?!

I like to sauté green beans, Chinese broccoli or broccolini with minced garlic and a little olive oil as a nice and tasty side to go with salmon, pork chops or steak.

Or I'll make soups and put a ton of veggies in it. Sometimes I will just have a variety of raw veggies and eat them with hummus... or ranch. :smile:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I LOVE stirfry, It's probably the only way I can actually eat the recommended amount of veges,
    I'm wondering if omelettes are also good, say if I were to add grated carrot and mushrooms into this?

I went vege shopping and this is what I got:

Mushrooms
    2 Carrots
    Onions
    Spring Onions
    Frozen Mixed Veg
    Baby Corn

I also have chicken breast and one steak fillet...I also have potatoes (Carbs...eeek!)
    Is there any meals in particular bar stir fry that you think would go amazingly?

Thanks so much!!

I have never tried carrots in an omelette before but hey grate a bit in and see if you like it but definitately the onions or spring onions and mushrooms and not sure what kind of mixed veg but they would probably work too...I love eggs <3

all the other stuff you could do a simple stir fry with your chicken or steak - the potatoes aren't bad it's all about how much not what you eat - if you like potatoes eat them - when I make mashed potatoes for my son I always take some out so I have just plain boiled potatoes but leftover I reheat in a pan with a bit of olive oil - good stuff!
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    I often make an omelette type thing with lots of veggies.

I fry off some bacon or ham and onion, add some potato and fry that off a little too then add a heap of vegetables - anything really, broccoli, celery, grated carrot, green beans are some of my favourites but those are things I normally have in the fridge and then once they have fried off a little and are still a little crispy but cooked I add an egg mix which is roughly two parts egg to one part milk and a little white pepper and cook that for a few minutes. I stir mine up constantly like a fritatta but you could probably fold it through like an omelette but you might want a little more egg mix.

Tastes delicious with or without toast.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Do you eat meat? You can food process a bunch of veggies and add them to ground beef or turkey that you make into burgers, meatloafs, meatballs etc
  • peajay123
    peajay123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey thats actually a really awesome idea! I love home made burgers and this is a cool twist.

Mmmmm Onion and Carrot and beef burger patties sound so delicious

Thanks!
  • shrewd1983
    Options
    Yam fries, good for you and they taste good too.

Items:
    Yams
    Olive oil
    Salt
    Ziploc bag

Cut yam into fry like shape, cut them roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
    Put processed yams in bag, add some salt, pepper if you like, 2-3 teaspoons of oil.
    Shake vigorously
    Lay on baking sheet
    Oven 425-450F for 30 minutes, turn half way through.