Introduction

Options
Hello Boston Peeps!

I just joined this group the other day and thought I would introduce myself.

This is my second time above the 300-pound mark and I'm pretty pissed at myself, looking for another start to get healthy again.

I grew up very athletic, very much into martial arts, but when I was 28 I went to college for the first time and became a lazy academic, gave up martial arts, and blew up to 400 pounds by the time Grad School was done. I lost 143 pounds on Weight Watchers , kept it off for almost three years doing lots of Yoga and remaining a strict Vegan, but last year, following a move back to Boston (I was in Portland for 18 months), I gained back 80 pounds last year. I tried to go back to WW over the last few months but there new plan isn't working for me, or maybe I'm just a different person, so I'm here at MFP (recommended by a friend of mine), this is my 11th day of logging in so I think it's going to take, and creating a new lifestyle around my new life (I also just started a new job), to get healthy again. I'm also leaving behind a Yoga practice of almost 4 years that has gone stale and will be attempting to start up a running discipline, maybe even getting back into martial arts at some point.

I'm signed up to Beacon Hill Athletic Club in Brighton for my exercise, my diet is a change as well since I'm leaving four years of veganism to become a pescetarian, eating seafood one day a week but remaining vegan for the rest of the week.

I look forward to reading all of your success stories and seeing your progress as well.

Replies

• apeacefulway
    Options
    It's been fun connecting with you on here! You're doing great!

I'm sure once those heels heal, you're feet are gonna hit the ground running!