Using Ki-Fit & Withings scale with myfitnesspal

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a Ki-Fit which is the UK equivalent of a Bodymedia FIT Advantage.
I've also purchased the Withings Total Body Analyzer Wi-Fi Scales.
And I've also created my account with myfitnesspal.

I will be wearing my Ki-Fit armband continuously all day except for my daily morning shower and I will take it off briefly to sync it to my computer at night after I have already had my last meal and just before I go to bed.
The armband doesn't have Bluetooth so ideally I will only be syncing the device once per day but if I thought it was to my benefit, I would make the effort to sync it multiple times throughout the day.

Essentially I just want to use myfitnesspal for everything except I want to take the accurate calorie burning data from my Ki-Fit and the weight readings from my Withings scale.
Even though I have a subscription, I don't intend to ever use the Bodymedia online activity manager other than for syncing my armband and I don't intend to use my Withings online account after the initial setup.

How do I go about doing this properly?
Should I be syncing my armband multiple times per day for better accuracy with myfitnesspal?
Do I enable negative adjustments?

Myfitnesspal is my priority as I want to stick to the goals it automatically calculates for me instead of the goals set by the Bodymedia activity manager as I know there can be differences between the two.

One other issue, can I import the foods I've already created in the Bodymedia Food Log into myfitnesspal?

Replies

• As it usually only suits me to sync my armband at night before I go to bed, could I not update my calories burned on myfitnesspal at various stages throughout the day using the Ki Fit Display watch that I have?
    As the armband is essentially a Bodymedia FIT Advantage, it doesn't have Bluetooth so I use the display watch to keep track of my calorie burn in real-time.
    I was thinking I could just check my watch and update my calories burned figure on myfitnesspal every hour or so?
    Or is this not possible?
  • alicesegoodman
    alicesegoodman Posts: 2 Member
    Hi,

I know this is kinda an old post, but just thought I'd leave a comment as trying to motivate myself to get back into using my ki-fit and counting cals on MFP.

I usually only sync my armband once per day, just before I decide what I'm having for my evening meal. This is after I have exercised during the day etc. and that means I can see if I've burnt enough calories to have a little bit extra!

This might not work for everyone, but it works for me! If I don't sync before my evening meal, I do it before bed/first thing in the morning (after having stuck to my usual 1400 cals intake) and (hopefully!) have a pleasant surprise!!!

Good Luck!