Eating Less But Gaining Weight? Frustrated & Confused!

Options
Hello!

Im 4'10.75, 21 years old and weigh about 107-110 depending on the day. I really want to get back to 90-95 lbs. My freshman year of college I got down to a dangerous weight of 83 lbs. I eventually got back to my high school weight within a couple of months (90-93 lbs) by eating 2100 kcals and running 70ish miles a week. I gained some more weight because school got crazy and I didn't have a ton of time to workout but now I am trying to cut back but I just seem to be getting flabbier while eating less!

I am using the Fat 2 Fit Method so all my numbers (heart rate + MFP) are for a 90 lbs person. I use the sedentary as a baseline (1450 kcal) and then eat back my exercise calories.

I currently workout about 1.5 - 2 hours a day (mostly cardio)

any and all suggestions welcome!

Replies

• durrenterprize
    Options
    If your eating less and gaining more fat it is because you eating to many carbs and or fats. When carbs are not used as energy they are stored as fat. When using myfitnesspal look at the percentage of calories your eating in protein, fats, and carbs. Your carbs should be around 60% of your daily calories, fats 15% and protein 30%.

If you like more about building muscle visit my blog at weightgainforlightweights.com

facebook.com/weightgainforlightweights