Should I worry if I am under my calorie limit?

Options
Basically, my current calorie limit is about 2300 calories, however I tend to eat may about 1500-2000 calories per day. Then I exercise and then that adds another 1000 calories to my limit. Do i have to eat those extra calories? and also is it a bad thing if i continually don't eat the set calorie limit?

Replies

• layne_mat
    layne_mat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back about half the calories if possible, but I believe the app is designed to eat them all back. If you are burning 1000 calories a day in excercise, you should eat at least some back. You do not want a daily net of 500 - 1000 calories!

Are you running 10+ kilometers a day to burn that many calories?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Basically, my current calorie limit is about 2300 calories, however I tend to eat may about 1500-2000 calories per day. Then I exercise and then that adds another 1000 calories to my limit. Do i have to eat those extra calories? and also is it a bad thing if i continually don't eat the set calorie limit?

It is not better the less you eat. There is a 'sweet spot' where you feel the best physically and your body is functioning optimally but you are still losing weight. Cutting calories too dramatically can backfire. I'd recommend trying to hit your calorie target and consuming approximately half the calories MFP claims you burn exercising.