My new favorite breakfast

Options
5KNohno
5KNohno Posts: 503
Well this is more of a recipe idea than a recipe, but its sort of like a Greek salad in an omelet. Its low-cal, but very filling. I love it. :heart:

Omelet made with one egg, teaspoon water, cooked in non-stick pan with cooking spray
seasoned with Greek seasoning
filled with:
2 cups raw spinach - steam and drain
1/2 roma tomato chopped
1 slice each of onion and bell pepper, chopped and sauteed in non-stick pan
few sliced black olives
choice of reduced fat cheese such as feta, cheddar, mozzarella

Yummy. Would be very easy to customize to your own tastes. Think I'll add artichoke next time too.

Replies

• 5KNohno
    Options
    Well this is more of a recipe idea than a recipe, but its sort of like a Greek salad in an omelet. Its low-cal, but very filling. I love it. :heart:

Omelet made with one egg, teaspoon water, cooked in non-stick pan with cooking spray
    seasoned with Greek seasoning
    filled with:
    2 cups raw spinach - steam and drain
    1/2 roma tomato chopped
    1 slice each of onion and bell pepper, chopped and sauteed in non-stick pan
    few sliced black olives
    choice of reduced fat cheese such as feta, cheddar, mozzarella

Yummy. Would be very easy to customize to your own tastes. Think I'll add artichoke next time too.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    mmmmm..You're making my mouth water
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Do you fold all the fillings inside the one egg, or mix it all up? I usually use two egg whites, and fold in half with sun dried tomatoes inside. That is a lot of filling for just one egg - how do ya do it?
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Do you fold all the fillings inside the one egg, or mix it all up? I usually use two egg whites, and fold in half with sun dried tomatoes inside. That is a lot of filling for just one egg - how do ya do it?
    I folded it inside. The veggies cook down enough to fit it in, but it is very full. I cook the egg in a six inch skillet and swirl it around to cover the whole thing - its pretty thin, but it works. :smile:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    uhm, yea, that DOES sounds yummy.
  • dmazza15@comcast.net
    Options
    That sounds great!