Breakfast

liza38
liza38 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I have such a hard time finding something for breakfast. I am starving when I wake up and need something that is going to get me through until I can have a midmorning healthy snack. Any ideas?

Replies

• tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    I love eating egg whites, a toasted english muffin with some butter, and turkey bacon. I always feel super full and satisfied until around 10:00am and then I eat a piece of fruit. The other night for dinner I made an egg white BLT and it was great!!! I used the egg whites, 35 calorie bread, turkey bacon, fat free cheese, lettuce, and a tomato. I was stuffed!!! Hope this helps some!
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    I like egg whites and cheese rolled in a whole wheat tortilla...my breakfast burrito =)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    I make a smoothie almost every morning :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    I make a shake.

1 cup of egg whites(good for protein)
    1 small banana(good carb source)
    1 cup quick oats(good fiber and simple carb source)
    4 strawberries
    12 almonds(good for protein and EFA's)
    6 Ice Cubes and a cup of water

BLEND....doesn't taste bad or good really but it is good for 400-500 calories, healthy and keeps me full for 3-4 hours!!!!
  • I eat whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of strawberry jelly nearly everyday. When we have good bananas I eat that with the peanut butter. Hardly hungry till ten or so.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member

me too!! i think you could call me asmoothie junkie now... i never knew how easy they were to makie - last week i made them all with milk, this week i am brave and experimenting with using juice instead - mango orange and grapefruit this morning!! very tasty!

not sure if it will keep me as full as the ones with milk in, but will see when the bacon butty trolley comes round, i didnt want one on the days i had a smoothie!!
  • I have one slice of Burgen Soya and Linsees bread with 80g of Whole Earth no added salt or sugar peanut butter on :) high calorie breakfast but it keeps me full for ages! xxx
  • My breakfast is usually some oats, protein, and a diet pepsi. haha, can't kick that habit.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member

me too!! i think you could call me asmoothie junkie now... i never knew how easy they were to makie - last week i made them all with milk, this week i am brave and experimenting with using juice instead - mango orange and grapefruit this morning!! very tasty!

not sure if it will keep me as full as the ones with milk in, but will see when the bacon butty trolley comes round, i didnt want one on the days i had a smoothie!!

I've found whether I use milk or not the smoothie still keeps me full.

Tomorrow morning I'm making a smoothie with mango and coconut milk. I hope it's good!!
    I've also found putting low-fat frozen yogurt in the smoothie makes it super creamy. And I like using Greek yogurt.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    i'm the type of person who has to actually EAT my breakfast, otherwise a smoothie would be a great option for me since I have to eat while driving to work (can't bear to get up any earlier than 4 am to make time to sit an eat). BUT i love breakfast and couldn't possibly get through the morning without. So i have a few eggs boiled ahead of time so that I can still have my egg for protein in the morning.
    I have a boiled egg, a multi-grain english muffin with something on it...these days it's just cream cheese, but I really love to spread on a wedge of laughing cow cheese...so good, so easy to eat, and it keeps me satisfied until my break at 9 or so when I can grab a snack to get by til lunch.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member

I've found whether I use milk or not the smoothie still keeps me full.

Tomorrow morning I'm making a smoothie with mango and coconut milk. I hope it's good!!
    I've also found putting low-fat frozen yogurt in the smoothie makes it super creamy. And I like using Greek yogurt.

it didnt keep me as full as the ones with milk..... its probably in my head, but i wanted a bacon butty when the trolley arrived - i didnt have one, but i wanted one!!
  • Weetbix! i don't know if you have them in the states, but basically its wholewheat cereal...I have mine with a banana, a drizzle of honey and skim milk- it really is yummy and filling!! In the winter time its oats with honey and cinnamon. Occaisionally I like some eggs scrambled or boiled on wholewheat toast with avocado and lots of cracked pepper! yummy...
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Two pieces of whole wheat toast, Low fat JIF, 8 oz of skim milk. I eat this every morning on my way to work and I am full till 11:30.
This discussion has been closed.