Food....bored...AHHH

Options
Well I haven't lived in a apartment by myself ever...and I am 600 miles away from my fiance. I am finding when im bored that I am eating more than i should. I need to find ways to not eat when im bored....Any suggestions! I have 1 and a 1/2 yrs until my wedding and I have a goal to loose 39 lbs. I want to be perfect for my wedding dress! Please help! Would love suggestions and more friends on here for motivation!

Replies

• jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try doing things that keep your hands busy.... knitting, drawing, ect
  • casscamp
    casscamp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will need to try that. I have a knot blanket i need to try to make. Ive never done it before!
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Going to be a bit mean here, but this one is simple - don't keep bad food in the house! There's only you there, if you buy c$@p then you'll eat it all. I find I love almond butter, I also think on an apple it's a healthy snack - but....I can't sit easy till the jar is all gone - so I don't buy it! Just don't buy stuff. Don't keep the phone numbers for take aways or anywhere that you can order in food. Lastly ensure that you're getting enough proper nutrition/real food, so that you're not actually really hungry and will cave in and find a way of getting c$@p!

If you're getting bored - get up, go out for a walk, to a movie, for coffee with a friend. Anything, but don't go to the fridge.

PS - you don't need to keep stuff in the house incase you have visitors. you can offer them a glass of tea/coffee/water and a piece of fruit if they're hungry.
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try and find something you enjoy doing - join a gym, go for walks, take up a new hobby (e.g. painting, photgraphy...) I also eat when i'm bored, but recently i find there just aren't enough hours in the day... between work, house cleaning, my daily workouts, spending time with hubby i have little time left to be bored ;)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Get a hobby... get a pet?
  • dustinmccormick7
    Options
    My vice has always been potato chips in the evening hours or in the morning on my days off. I switched to flavored sunflower seeds and chewing gum. It has worked for me to curb the cravings but I still have to have a cheat day every once in a while.
  • JennWoodruff
    JennWoodruff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have learned for myself to keep myself busy or chew gum. If I sit for too long, I start thinking...which starts me wanting...which leads to getting. If I notice I'm thinking way too much about food, I get busy with some task or hobby or something to get my mind snapped back into shape. :) Food is never meant to control us. We have control of cravings & such.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Only keep healthy foods in your cupboards and fridge. Use the time to work out so you can earn calories for a yummy snack if you want one plus you'll get a rockin bod for your wedding night. As suggested above, find a hobby or craft to keep your hands busy. Check with local schools, churches and animal shelters to see if they need scarves, mittens and blankets donated. That way you have a specific goal to work towards knowing someone (or some animal) needs the things you're making.

Other major time killers: watching TV series via streaming (but not good if watching TV is an eating trigger) and reading some really excellent chick lit (especially the steamy ones - gives you good ideas for next time you see your fiance) :love:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    surfing these forums lol :laugh:
  • casscamp
    Options
    Going to be a bit mean here, but this one is simple - don't keep bad food in the house! There's only you there, if you buy c$@p then you'll eat it all. I find I love almond butter, I also think on an apple it's a healthy snack - but....I can't sit easy till the jar is all gone - so I don't buy it! Just don't buy stuff. Don't keep the phone numbers for take aways or anywhere that you can order in food. Lastly ensure that you're getting enough proper nutrition/real food, so that you're not actually really hungry and will cave in and find a way of getting c$@p!

If you're getting bored - get up, go out for a walk, to a movie, for coffee with a friend. Anything, but don't go to the fridge.

PS - you don't need to keep stuff in the house incase you have visitors. you can offer them a glass of tea/coffee/water and a piece of fruit if they're hungry.

Honestly i don't keep crap in my house...i just find that i want to continually eat.. I have healthy stuff, proteins veggies fruits etc.
    Some of my issued lies in the fact that I live in a town that i am not from...im from michigan and living in kansas city. So as far as friends...none. I am a manager at a restaurant and so i work crazy hours and i cannot hang out with any of my crew...so no meeting friends at work...because of the crazy hours i can't really join groups like i normally would or take fitness classes at the gym like i used too. My parents live in oregon, my friends in Michigan (where im from), and fiance in ohio. I do have dogs and they take lots of walks with me.. but in my small apartment keeping busy can be difficult and I work really hard at not spending extra cash because my fiance and i travel at least once a month to see each other at this point until i can get a transfer..
  • casscamp
    Options
    I really appreciate all of the advice! I am so excited for the goals I have and can't wait to achieve them! I am having a great day so far of keeping busy! I go to see my fiance this weekend, holy long drive ahead of me after work friday night. So i have lots to get around and do before i leave and i work every day until then.
  • jennie5693
    jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sugar free candy!!!!