Silly question, but please give advice...

Options
Hi there! So, I've been on the app for a while and I'm starting to wonder if I set everything up correctly as far as my lifestyle. I live on s campus where going anywhere is at leafy 10 minutes walking with a hill or stairs involved. I also work retail at the local mall. Should all of this be combined into an "active" lifestyle, or should I add the walking in separately?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think I'd choose lightly active and not log the walking. But it's important to remember that activity levels are all just estimates. Some trial and error is generally necessary to find your sweet spot. Pick one and stick to it. If you're losing weight at the rate you want, great! If not, adjust your calories accordingly.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ^^ Agree with this. The way I understood their definitions as active is a job where you are on your feet and moving constantly. I'd go with lightly active. I try not to log anything outside of the gym as exercise because, for me at least, it just enourages me to eat back the exercise calories. So walking back and forth to work (up stairs), etc.. I just consider part of my daily burn.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, the activity that you get on a regular basis is rarely counted by your body as exercise. It is just daily activity. Anything you might do above and beyond (going tothe gym, running for exercise, hiking, swimming, etc.....) should be added in separately as exercise. I think what you are describing would be considered light activity.