Hydroxycut

Options
2»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Watch out for side effects. I was extremely queezy and jittery!

two words : pooing blood.

That was my experience. Not good.

Yep, I'd say TMI but I think we passed that 2 exits ago.

I took Metabolife way back in the day when it had ephedra in it...I was having heart palpitations and everything else. Not worth it to me.
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Just my opinion. :smile: I have never had any lasting results from any "quick fix" for weight loss. Not even dieting will give long lasting results if "we" do not make a change in what got "us" here in the first place. Which for me was bad eating habit.....and over eating ect...ect... ! I agree with Banks " the proof is in the pudding." :smile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I took Adipex a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. This time around, i'm doing it without a diet pill...why? Because look at where i'm at! I gained the weight back (granted, I had a baby, but still gained everything I lost and then some back!).

Do it without the diet pills. Lose it nice and slow. Keep it off.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Here is a little something

Hydroxycut Side Effects to Report
    There are a number of side effects with Hydroxycut that you should report to your healthcare provider (and which may indicate that you should probably stop taking Hydroxycut). These potential side effects (due to the stimulants in Hydroxycut) include, but are not limited to:

High blood pressure (hypertension)
    Seizures
    A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
    Rapid breathing or difficulty breathing
    Anxiety or agitation
    An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
    Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
    Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.

One Hydroxycut product ("Hydroxycut Ephedra Free") has been reported to cause liver damage. However, it is not known which ingredients of this product were likely to cause liver problems. This particular product is no longer available and has been replaced by other Hydroxycut formulations that are also ephedra-free.

Final Thoughts on Hydroxycut Side Effects
    If you think you are experiencing a Hydroxycut side effect, please let your healthcare provider know. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Hydroxycut, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.

An Overview of Hydroxycut Safety
    Hydroxycut® is a group of popular weight-loss supplements. You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Hydroxycut if you have:

Glaucoma
    Any heart problems
    Anxiety
    High blood pressure (hypertension)
    Any other health problems or concerns
    Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.

Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:

Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
    Breastfeeding.

You should also be sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.

Specific Hydroxycut Warnings and Precautions
    Some warnings and precautions to be aware of concerning the safety of Hydroxycut include the following:

Most Hydroxycut products contain caffeine, which is a stimulant. Stimulants can make anxiety disorders worse. If you notice increased anxiety while taking Hydroxycut, it is probably a good idea to avoid Hydroxycut products.

If you have glaucoma, do not take Hydroxycut without first talking to your healthcare provider. The caffeine in Hydroxycut can make glaucoma worse.

The caffeine in Hydroxycut can worsen some heart conditions. If you have any heart problems, do not take Hydroxycut without first talking to your healthcare provider.

If you have high blood pressure, Hydroxycut may increase your blood pressure even more (due to its caffeine content).

If you have any other health problems or concerns, please check with your healthcare provider before taking Hydroxycut.

Hydroxycut can interact with a number of medications (see Hydroxycut Drug Interactions for more information).

It is not known if Hydroxycut is safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding (see Hydroxycut and Pregnancy and Hydroxycut and Breastfeeding).

If you decide to use supplements, what you see on the label may not reflect what is in the bottle. For example, some herbal supplements have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals or prescription drugs, and some have been found to have much more or much less of the featured ingredient than their label states.
    Therefore, make sure the manufacturer of your Hydroxycut is a trusted and reputable manufacturer. It is a good sign if a manufacturer abides by the rules of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). It is also a good sign if a product has the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) seal, which means that the product has been independently tested and shown to contain the correct ingredients in the amounts listed on the label. Your pharmacist is a good resource for information about which manufacturers are the most reputable.
    Hydroxycut Safety: Final Thoughts
    There are a number of situations in which Hydroxycut should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before taking the supplement. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Hydroxycut safety warnings and precautions that may apply to you.
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ok, ok, i get it! i'm too cheap to spend the money anyway! i guess i'm just frustrated right now and i feel lke i'm getting nowwhere! like i FEEL good then i look at myself and it's like uhg:frown:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    ok, ok, i get it! i'm too cheap to spend the money anyway! i guess i'm just frustrated right now and i feel lke i'm getting nowwhere! like i FEEL good then i look at myself and it's like uhg:frown:

It is better to be safe and healthy. A bottle is not the answer. You can get better results the natural way. It isn't easy. I would love to look hot in a swimsuit this summer, but if I don't next summer I will. Day by day step by step. You will do it. Each day you eat right and you exercise, you are getting healthier....you are getting somewhere. You are.:flowerforyou:
  • pilot85
    pilot85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I don´t drink coffee so I take Hydruxycut in the mornings to get more energy (they are high in coffein:smile: ) I also don´t get cravings and stop eating between meals.
    I like them but they are realy expensive.
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Awww :flowerforyou:

You know what the hardest pill to swallow is... Eat less, Move more.

And remember... even drops of water can eat through stone. :wink:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are BAD NEWS!!!! Safest and most effective long term way is changing your eating habits and exercise.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I don't want to add to those nagging you but I just wanted to give you my experience with losing weight.

I have lost a ton of weight in the past. Sometimes I starved myself (Eating a carrot a day!!), and sometimes I took Xenadrine (before it had the bad stuff removed). The results?? As of last September, I was 270 lbs! Why? Because they were quick fixes. I lost weight yes...I think part of the reason I lost with Xenadrine is because it made me feel sick to my stomach! But, I was jittery and my heart was racing! It scared the crap out of me.

Also, with both of those unhealthy methods, I wasn't learning anything. I wasn't teaching myself how to eat right to KEEP it off. Finally, I made up my mind that I needed to do this the slow and healthy way. I need to eat less (and eat healthier) and exercise. It is pretty simple. Now, I am down to 193 as of yesterday. So, it may seem like it will take forever doing it the healthy way, but as you know, time flies. I have lowered my calories too much at times recently (just due to working out more and not eating a bit more and not even thinking about it), but it wasn't intentional and I didn't start the super hard workouts until recently.

Basically, I am saying that I just did this the right way. I didn't lower to 1200 calories either. I slowly lowered my calories to gradually change and get used to it all. And the result is, I understand how the body works and when I do get to my goal weight, I will have the knowledge to hopefully *fingers crossed* keep it off this time.

Well, there you have it!! :) Good luck!! You can do this!

Tami
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am taking th hydroxycut max right now and i have not noticed any difference. My cousin and i are doing it together, she has lost weight and has all this energy just taking one in the morning and one early afternoon; I am up to 3 in the morning and 3 early afternoon and I am constantly thinking about food and I'm dead tired!
    Another girl I work with is doing it too and has lost alot of pounds, I'm dissapointed; it is expensive but I was really hoping it would give me the energy to get me going!
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Heres a thought for avoiding Hydroxycut. I have started taking Vitamin B-12. It is naturally made by the body to increase cellular metabolism. Possible give that a shot before you decide to put chemicals in your body. I can't say it works because I have only been taking it for two days, however it has been proven to raise your metabolism in a safer way that chemicals. I can say that today I feel like I have more energy than normal after I had a well balanced lunch.
    Just a thought.,...:flowerforyou: