DIET DIET DIET DIET!

Options
What diet have you tried and had great results and actually kept the weight off?

&

What diet have you tried and failed and gained your weight back and some?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I had great success with the Basic training and Battle school diet...nothing like the military to knock the weight off you. Kept that weight off the entire time I was in the military.

I had good success with the 17 day one...I lost my first 30lbs last year and have kept it off counting calories *ducks head in preparation for backlash*

This latest one I am doing is amazing and I've have the best results ever....counting calories.

Failed...
    Weight watchers....
    exercise only diet (I stopped exercising),
    the "see food" diet....you see food you eat it...gained a crap tonne on that one...:laugh:

The issue really is "Diets" fail because they don't prepare you for the "after" or the "what ifs" like what if you don't want to be on a treadmill 5x a week for 45mins for the rest of your life.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

This latest one I am doing is amazing and I've have the best results ever....counting calories.
    What is this witchcraft you speak of?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    MFP is the success and the failure in my weight loss.

First time, I cut a bunch of things out and restricted myself to 1200 calories. I lost 50 lbs but slowly gained it back after the first year of loss because I dropped MFP and relapsed back to old eating habits. While I didn't gain all the weight back (almost thanks to pregnancy and no self control), I still was on that same path.

This time, I kept my calorie intake higher and more sustainable, fell in love with weightlifting and don't restrict myself. I've found a balance that works for me and now. I plan on continuing to use MFP.

I guess what it comes down to, for long term success, is personal responsibility.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've only tried losing weight once and did it with alternate day IF (JUDDD). Worked great for me and I was able to lose the weight and transition into maintenance with no problem. Now I'm experimenting with IIFYM (with maintenance), but I don't know if I'll be sticking with it much longer. I'm feeling drawn back to doing IF in some form :)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on a diet per say when I successfully lost the weight and kept it off. I ate basically anything I wanted and just added in exercise.

A list of the failed diets I have tried are the master cleanse, baby food diet, color diet, abc diet, and many more that I can't remember. Haha.