Richard Simmons

Options
I love him! Anyways his tapes are the only exercise I have done along with watching calories! So far have lost an amazing 112pds!! Anyone else doing his tapes?? If not you are missing out on a fun work out!!

330d176.jpg

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    awesome results!

my mom used to do some sweeting to the oldies.

hey as long as you get your heart rate up and/or do some resistance work its all good to me. good that you found something that you enjoy!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You've found something that you love doing and it worked for you! That's awesome! You look great! Congrats!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    my mom made me do sweating to the oldies when i was younger. he's just so energetic. Gret job to you. congrats on your loss and i hope you feel great!!!. WTG!!!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We used to do it in school once a week and it was really fun LOL you look great so keep it up!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I used to do the Broadway ones. He's been skinny for how many damn years now??He seems like a sweetie!!! I am going to invent sweating to the METAL!!! It will be totes magoats awesome!!!! \m/
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    LOL Love it! When I started out all I had was the Richard Simmons tapes and exercised by them, I haven't in a long time because I started using Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's. I must say that Richard Simmons tapes were fun and has a lot of the same exercise moves as others I am currently using, also LOVE the fact he has people of ALL sizes in his videos. Congratulations on the tremendous weight loss!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, I might have to look into getting some of his workouts on days im to lazy to go to the gym :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Cyndinamasta
    Options
    Wow! that's so inspiring...I'm presently trying to do Zumba. I've only got through a couple of songs and not very gracefully either! Just started this process of losing so all your input is great to read. Keep going so I can keep going...thanks.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    LOL Love it! When I started out all I had was the Richard Simmons tapes and exercised by them, I haven't in a long time because I started using Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's. I must say that Richard Simmons tapes were fun and has a lot of the same exercise moves as others I am currently using, also LOVE the fact he has people of ALL sizes in his videos . Congratulations on the tremendous weight loss!

I love that about Simmons too. I don't think I've ever seen other videos with people from all sizes besides his. It definitely is motivating when you see someone who looks like you putting in the work because if they can do it, so can you!

Congratulations Op on your weight loss :)
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have such great memories of doing Richard Simmons videos with my friends when we were younger.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I was just talking about Richard Simmons forwarding an email to family and friends. I stated if this doesnt make you want to sign up for the affordable healthcare act NOTHING WILL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPiyAdf1IU8
  • Safiyandi
    Safiyandi Posts: 151
    Options
    I've heard that Richard Simmons is a genuinely kind person, and I know that a lot of celebrities aren't so that's pretty cool. If he meets someone who's trying to lose weight who recognizes him he'll stop and talk and give that person words of encouragement. Very awesome guy.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing i have some of his dvds i guess i should put them to use
  • greenbeanmama
    greenbeanmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I remember doing Richard Simmons videos with my husband when he was trying to lose weight about a decade ago...even now, when one of the songs comes on the radio, I find myself unconciously doing the moves!
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great Job!

I had almost forgotten about Richard Simmons, until our local airline made this safety video a couple of years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaTEgoezNQ
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey with your success and your recommendation - I'm heading out to EBAY and see if I can find them!! CONGRATS!
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I'd completely forgotten about him! What a great idea! I think i'll try to find him on YouTube!!!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Go girl
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!