Avocado Suggestions?

Options

Replies

• Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I make avacado fries sometimes! With flour, egg dredge, then panko bread crumbs!! Delish!
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You could use them to make a Tomato, cucumber and avocado salad. I use 2 tomatoes, 1-2 cucumbers (my personal preference is 2) and 1 avocado. Use 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar with the juice of half of a lemon. I usually cut the balsamic vinegar from 1 tbs to half a tbs. It's really yummy!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    avocado + drizzle of Sriracha sauce

mmmm
  • Eringettingfit8
    Options
    i put avacado, dark chocolate cocoa powder, and a bit of honey in a food processor, becomes chocolate mousse
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just eat them in salad, or add them to home made chilli, and sometimes in sandwiches. I'm so glad you asked this because there are so many ways to eat them that I never even thought of.
  • linka411
    linka411 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    - On eggs or omelettes.
    - With barbecue chicken sandwiches or even just any type of sandwich
    - Add them to your smoothies, which adds an extra oomph of creaminess
    - Crack an egg in half the avocado, cover with cheese and bake in the oven
    - Spread on toast with a little bit of garlic powder on top
    - Last resort, just enjoy with a spoon

I might have a slight addiction to avocados :blushing:

I can vouch for #4 on this list! Haven't put cheese on mine yet, but just putting an egg in it and popping it in the oven is a really great breakfast option!

A few tips for if you'd like to try it:
    1. You should dig out a little more of the avocado around the pit hole to make sure the egg will fit properly.
    2. On the rounder part of the avocado half's bottom, use a knife to slice out a flat section at the peak of the round part. This is to make sure the avocado stays level on the baking sheet. Otherwise it'll tip and you'll have egg white everywhere.
    3. Large eggs (as opposed to jumbo) appear to sit better in the avocado, but you can probably do jumbo too; you might just have to dig out more avocado to make it fit in there.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    A few of my favorite ways to eat avocado.
    -rice balls stuffed with avocado
    -avocado risotto
    -avocado toast
    -avocado Caesar salad
    -avocado halves stuffed with crab (got that one from Sylvia Plath)
    -avocado on any sandwich ever.

Oh, and I once put diced avocado in a box of Mac and cheese, it was good.
  • rosielphx
    Options
    My husband makes the best appetizer before dinner its avocado sliced thin with squeezed lemon and lemon pepper to taste over the top and its soooo...... good !!! he does the same with cucumber just add cayenne pepper its great !!! simple and those that have saly craving its nice!1
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I love avocado on an omelette. Just slice it up and put it on top after it's cooked.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I recently tried an avocado for the first time a week ago. LOVE IT! I just mashed it up, put some spices in it & put it on my eggs. :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My guac

1/2-1 steak tomato or 2 roma tomatoes
    1/4-1/2 white onion
    1/2 jalapeño(deseeded)
    Juice of 1 lime
    Chopped up cilantro
    2 avocados

I chop up all the ingredientes really small, then use a fork and mash the avocado, then blend everything together. Squeeze the juice in, add some salt and pepper and PRESTO...you got guac

I like to make carne asada tacos and use quac on top, or on top of fish or even a salad. I love avocados so much I can just eat guac with a spoon. If I dont have energy for prepping, ill just slice the avocado and squeeze lime or lemon juice on top, add a little salt and pepper and eat it with a fork. I know there are recipes to make avocado pudding, which sounds gross but my gf says tastes good.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just ate 1/2 an avocado for breakfast with nonfat cottage cheese. Yummy.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm allergic to avocados. :sad:
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Breakfast idea:

Mash avocado with a bit of lemon juice, evoo, salt and pepper. Place on top of a slice of toasted bread. Top with a fried egg.
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In for the great ideas
  • Oodlez
    Oodlez Posts: 13
    Options
  • paiged652
    Options
    Use avocado in tuna/chicken salad as a mayo substitute. Add celery and just a tad of lemon zest. easy snack!
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to avocados. :sad:

omgosh, you too? I wasnt til after having babies, was the saddest day EVER when I clued into what was wrong :sad:
    My fav way to eat them is (like many others have mentioned) sliced sprinkled with salt and lime juice
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I love them. I dice some up to mix with scrambled eggs.
    I also love them mashed up mixed into a can of tuna with some salsa instead of mayo .
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    chicken salad sandwich. Substitute mayo with avocados.
    Avocado smoothies are really thick. You need something to lighten it up, like citrus and ice. It's very calorie dense and it will fill you up quick.