Would love some adds from Nutrisystem &/or Gazelle friends

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this site. At first I was just counting calories and exercising more. Now I'm also doing the weekends off Nutrisystem plan. I'm doing the boxes from Walmart as that's all I can afford. That probably sounds odd but I'm afraid to explain further because of people judging me.

I'm 30 years old and trying to lose 10lbs that I don't know how I gained in the last year and about another 10 after that, almost 2 down so far, lol.

Anyway I'd love to have some more friends on here. I'm a nice,open minded person. It'd be cool if we have some of the same interests but it's not necessary. In addition to Nutrisystem, some other relevant things about me are as follows: I usually exercise by using my stationary bike or Gazelle. I also love to walk outside but it's way too cold to do that much right now. I bought a Wii last year and I enjoy doing the Just Dance games. I have scoliosis in my lower back and bad knees so I don't do high impact stuff such as running. I am in a long distance relationship. I know this isn't weight related (it has no effect on our relationship) but I do blog or do a status update about it sometimes. Yes, I do blog sometimes because in my general life I'm a pop culture blogger, so I'm used to doing that anyway. Plus I kept a lot of diaries when I was young, lol. I also enjoy going to movie & tv conventions. I'm not sure if I'll mention that much aside from when I'm traveling to them and want to eat junk but we might have it in common. :smile:

Replies

• TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I started with the Walmart box a few weeks ago and joined the program. I know what you mean about not wanting to explain to much. I have not told to many people I am doing this and the ones I have told are supportive as in my daughter. That is the only family member I told really.
    My friends on here have been great. I have lost 6 lbs and I will probably keep on the program for awhile but I need to loose more than you but the thinner you are the harder it is.
    My program did not cost me to much more than the 5 day box but then I got the Blue Cross discount and then I was emailed a $30 Buddy Buck. The kicker here is you have to do it at least 2 months or they back charge you. For me it was a no brainier that I stay on it for at least two months.
    I have a stationary bike. I have arthritis in my knees and my feet. I can't run but I do like to walk when the weather is nice. Today is not that day. It is -40 wind chill. I need to walk in the house to my walking DVD. The key word is Need and I will start tonight. :)
    I hate that you have back and knee problems at your age already and you are very wise to try to tackle your weight gain now. I wish I would have done so so many years ago. My daughter is on here and she is in her 30's and has dropped 60 lbs over the past years. You will see her comments sometimes on my posts. Friend her if you want. She is amazing and very supportive.
    Have a great day!