ACAI BERRIES- REAL OR FAKE??

Options
So I've heard so much about the benefits of taking vitamins with Acai Berries or adding it to drinks, etc. I need to start taking a daily viatmin since I haven't taken anything since my prenatals over 20 months ago (rot row rorge). SO I heard of some vitamins that also contained Acai Berry, and since the Acai Berry is all-natural and supposedly helps promote weight loss, I figured it would be a good place to start. BUT then I started researching it and it appears to be a marketing scam.Have any of you actually tried this? If so, does it work or is it just a hoax? Thanks for the input!

~C

Replies

• loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I tried Acai Berries about a year ago and didn't see any dramatic weightloss I did it with a control diet and for some reason I lost less weight not more. I was losing about 1lb a week but this time doi ng the weightloss the MFP way I am losing 2lb a week. I dont think any of these things help as much with weightloss as much as good old fashion dieting and exercising. Unsure about the vitamin things though
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    To quote one line from a lengthy article on WikiPedia

"Marketers of these products make unfounded claims that açaí and its antioxidant qualities provide a variety of health benefits, none of which has scientific confirmation to date."

j
  • vsebacher
    Options
    One of my most recently read favorite quotes:

"You didn't need a pill to gain weight, why would you need one to lose it?"

A vitamin is one thing, but a pill to promote weight loss? My opinion is they cannot be trusted. If you were supposed to have it in your body, it would be there already.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Acai does have antioxidants, but that's where the truth ends with the weight loss industry. Antioxidants are good for bones, hair, teeth. skin, the immune system, but they do zero for your weight. As far as that goes, they're just another fruit, and taking them in pill form will do nothing at all for you. They do taste good, so if your adventerous with your meals, I'd recommend them on taste alone, but don't expect anything but flavor.